Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Punch

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Punch

by captaincheesey » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:52 pm

Sounds good. What's in there now is a pair of coxials.

by Scarrell » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:55 pm

6.5" wont really give you much "oomph", we could put the 8" in the rear deck?

by captaincheesey » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:50 pm

Right, but I wanted to put them in the back so I can have three sets of speakers. I have the 4x6s in the front, and the 6x9s right behind the back seat, so I figured an 8 inch driver would give me some omph when I don't feel like having the subs running when I get them. Maybe just 6.5 drivers might be better though.

by Scarrell » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:39 pm

people do this all the time, but generally use them in front doors for midbass points, i plan on doing 6 1/2" drivers soon, maybe some 8"s if i can fit them.

by captaincheesey » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:28 pm

Well, I wanted a pair, just to show that I had a pair. Oh, and I was looking at an 8 inch driver from like Kicker or something and had a crazy idea. I figure it is not doable, but putting a pair in the rear doors since I don't have anything in there. But I'm pretty sure that would require like taking apart the metal in the door, but it was a crazy idea.

by Justin from Detroit1 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:43 pm

Hey, give me $300 and shipping and I'll ship you my 15" Elevation Execution. Sub costs $800 brand new. I have no use for it since I sold the car it was in.

Ask anyone on this board, the sub is much better and louder then anything you have menioned thus far. This single 15" will have more ouput then a pair of most 12s

by Scarrell » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:15 pm

sweet.. ive installed many full systems.. the whole kit-and-kaboodle.. mine isnt much to brag on, since the door panels are off and $hit, but once it warms up ill put everything back together and sink the tweets in place, and it will look good as new, but i hide all my wires as best as possible in the installs, and everything, but with two of us doing it all, it shouldnt take long at all, and when we do this,if you have any questions just ask.. infact, ill probably have you do some of it and help you along the way, so you can learn easier.. for me.. the first time i did an amp kit, i had to look at the back for the install sheet.. after 3 or so times of doing it, it got pretty easy.. and that goes the same with putting in a HU, speakers, subs..etc.. do it a couple or more times and it will become easier..

by captaincheesey » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:37 pm

Well, let me raise money for the subs and amp and I'll give you a call.

by cargodz » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:33 pm

^there ya go cheesy :)
And this way you can actually see what needs to be done for your future installs.......best way to learn is hands on... with good supervision.

by Scarrell » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:43 pm

i can do it, no problem.. you can even come by my friends place on second street i was telling you about and me and him could do it all in a couple hours or so.. get you wired up, hooked up and bumpin in no time.. he can even do your box too.. since he has alot more tools than me.. i always use a circular saw and a jigsaw, but he has a table saw too.. so.. only be like $30 or so for the materials, and im sure he wouldnt charge much.. definately cheaper than having one built from a shop, and it will built good and tuned properly..etc..

Top