Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Staying awake?

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Staying awake?

by MobileAudio219 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:54 pm

MrSo0h0o wrote:many energy drinks like monster and rockstar, because they are OVERsized, give many people a "low" after the caffeine buzz. this is the reason why red bull is "only" 8.3oz. it is the perfect mixture of all the ingredients including caffeine.

I just dont like the taste of the engery drinks, plus on top of that they're more expensive. My cousin however, he drinks 1-2 engery drinks on top of 4-5 mountain dews at work (night shift) and says it does helps him stay awake...

by MrSo0h0o » Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:10 pm

joeyc wrote:Yeah someone mentioned how you come down hard off of a caffeine buzz, which is very true. I don't do that with energy drinks though.
many energy drinks like monster and rockstar, because they are OVERsized, give many people a "low" after the caffeine buzz. this is the reason why red bull is "only" 8.3oz. it is the perfect mixture of all the ingredients including caffeine.

by smoker » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:45 pm

no takers?

by joeyc » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:11 am

Yeah someone mentioned how you come down hard off of a caffeine buzz, which is very true. I don't do that with energy drinks though.

by cargodz » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:03 am

Ok, time for me to step in.
I got one word for ya...COFFEE!
Not that McD's or Gas station crap.
I'm talkin, brew at home, 14 tablespoons to a pot, mud.
Now that's a waker upper.
In fact I had a boss at my morning job that insisted that I bring him 1 8oz. cup every morning and he claimed it had the same effect as a 6 pack of monster energy drinks (which he love's).

by joeyc » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:51 am

I have heard people say that none of the above mentioned drinks give them energy, but I guess It just depends on the person. When I don't sleep at all, they wake me up for at least half the day.

by smoker » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:42 am

It is simply comparing liquid in general. Re Bull does not give you energy. Anyone who believes this needs to get their head examined. I am comparing liquid one to liquid two.

Liquid 1 : 25 cents an ounce
Liquid 2 : 4 cents an ounce


well if its a bargain your looking for i can sell you a gallon of piss for 50 cents.

thats like .39 cents per ounce

or i can sell smaller bottles of 4 ounces for a penny as an introductory price.

by Justin from Detroit1 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:12 am

It is simply comparing liquid in general. Re Bull does not give you energy. Anyone who believes this needs to get their head examined. I am comparing liquid one to liquid two.

Liquid 1 : 25 cents an ounce
Liquid 2 : 4 cents an ounce

I'm saying people spend wayy too much money on crappy energy drinks that give them an illusion of being more energized.

Oh, and if you want to get technical, Arizona DOES have an "energy" drink, which is also 99 cents for a 24 ounce of it.

by MrSo0h0o » Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:03 am

Justin from Detroit wrote:It's not bigger is better at all, IT'S VALUE. You get three times as much for half the price.

yea but comparing red bull and tea is apples and oranges..

by Justin from Detroit1 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:42 am

MrSo0h0o wrote:1. theres only 80mg of caffeine which is MUCH less than one 16oz cup of coffee
2. its not about the taste or price, its about the benefits
3. no offense justin, but u proved my point about the US always thinking "bigger is better"
not trying to pick a fight, just layin out some facts

It's not bigger is better at all, IT'S VALUE. You get three times as much for half the price.

Top