by OnYrMrk » Thu May 18, 2006 4:30 am
Adidasman159 wrote:ah my speciality,
So my uncle races fords, I was his detialler
step 1: First you should always wash the car first, and dry!
step 2: for fairly cheep you can get a bar of something called auto clay, it is a block of clay that you put on your hand and just rub it over the srufice of the car, (instructions on the box) this will most likly solve the problem of your hood being not as smooth as you would like seing as it pulls up all improfections from the paint, it will also revmove those swirls that you can get and makes a noticable difference in the paint
Step 3: go with a nice c-something based wax, the old fashion kind in the tin, i reccemend mothers caifornia gold, its what i used works gerat, the trick is to use a little wax and rub it in with bigtime elbow grease, then when it turns white take like a diaper cloth and just whipe it off
but im pretty sure that auto clay will solve your problem
I second that auto clay. I have used it on my Mercedes, my wife's Isuzu, and my motorcycle. My car has the clear peeling from it, so I don't use it on the lincoln. Excellent. Plus Mother's offers the clay bar, and the california gold carnuba wax.
I also have used Zybol in the past, expensive stuff, but excellent nonetheless.
[quote="Adidasman159"]ah my speciality,
So my uncle races fords, I was his detialler
step 1: First you should always wash the car first, and dry!
step 2: for fairly cheep you can get a bar of something called auto clay, it is a block of clay that you put on your hand and just rub it over the srufice of the car, (instructions on the box) this will most likly solve the problem of your hood being not as smooth as you would like seing as it pulls up all improfections from the paint, it will also revmove those swirls that you can get and makes a noticable difference in the paint
Step 3: go with a nice c-something based wax, the old fashion kind in the tin, i reccemend mothers caifornia gold, its what i used works gerat, the trick is to use a little wax and rub it in with bigtime elbow grease, then when it turns white take like a diaper cloth and just whipe it off
but im pretty sure that auto clay will solve your problem[/quote]
I second that auto clay. I have used it on my Mercedes, my wife's Isuzu, and my motorcycle. My car has the clear peeling from it, so I don't use it on the lincoln. Excellent. Plus Mother's offers the clay bar, and the california gold carnuba wax.
I also have used Zybol in the past, expensive stuff, but excellent nonetheless.