Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Best Components for me?

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Best Components for me?

by Rivers » Thu May 18, 2006 5:39 pm

the morel elate 2 or 3-way setup might be worth a look. i hear great things about them.

by Vindicate » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:10 pm

I'll link up the post where I asked how to remove em. got pics there.

http://www.caraudiocentral.net/forums/s ... php?t=4116

by _gonz_ » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:53 am

Well then leave em in, but definitely don't have them hooked up / playing.

As for uninstalling them, just lay on your back, in the trunk, and look up at them. Theres usually 4 screws, or a clip mechanism, holding them in. This ain't rocket science, nor even remotely difficult.

As for having "holes" in the rear deck, thats something easily covered up with speaker grill fabric or whatever.

I try to give people the best advice I can, which is... it's beneficial to have the subs vented into the cabin, IMHO. Certainly doesn't mean anyone has to actually take my advice.

If you can just fold down your back seat while driving / listening to music... the rear deck is really a moot point anyways.

by High Society » Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:45 pm

wanna mess anything up and not be able to put my car back together... and I'm not paying joe butt fuck 150-200$ to do it for me. In regards to Justins Components... I'd buy em if I could but it'll be mid/end of may before I have enuf money to buy anything... and I highly doubt those will be around by that time.[/QUOTE]

Can you take pics of were they are at? I never took out 6x9's that were hard to get out??

As for geo, I stated just for him to unhook, cuz he said he couldn't get them out, so I just said to unhook em, because they are pretty much worthless. And it would be up to him if he wants to try and take them out vrs leave them in. But really I don't think I heard a big diff, I'm sure if I had one of those back seats were the seats fold down, I could hear difference. Just not so much with taking the 6x9's out. But I didn't really do any testes so I'm not for sure, but like I said, I had four 12's, so they were gonna be loud no matter what.

by Vindicate » Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:23 pm

The problem is how they have to be removed I'm too scared to do myself cuz I dun wanna mess anything up and not be able to put my car back together... and I'm not paying joe butt fuck 150-200$ to do it for me. In regards to Justins Components... I'd buy em if I could but it'll be mid/end of may before I have enuf money to buy anything... and I highly doubt those will be around by that time.

by geolemon » Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:53 pm

High Society wrote:Yes I know what you mean, but it wont "stop" the bass from coming in. And I was just saying I don't think I really heard a big difference when I did it. I kinda didn't like it cuz there was two big holes in the rear deck. I mean I'm sure it helps when you have low power and say a single sub or something, but I don't think I noticed. But I was running four 12's so that’s probably why??
Two thoughts on rear speakers on any sedan/coupe:

If you remove the rear speakers - easy. Now the air in the trunk and the air in the interior are naturally coupled, naturally one in the same -
...so subs causing pressure fluctuations in the trunk will also be directly causing pressure fluctuations in the interior...
(ah, bass can be good for a nice little massage, right? :D )

If you don't remove the rear speakers - but disconnect them:
Ponder this. What's the difference between a speaker and a passive radiator?
Answer: Passive radiator has no motor.
And a disconnected speaker... basically has no motor. At least not one that's doing anything. ]Rear speakers in rear deck, connected and being used:[/b]
OK, now at least they have a REASON for being there, right?
Think about that pressure energy again for a second:
You've got subwoofers in the trunk, causing rapid low-frequency, high energy pressure fluctuations in the trunk - Just imagine what a game of ping-pong that pressure energy is going to have on those speakers, and what that's going to do with regard to causing distortion in those rear speakers! :surprised
With all the OTHER reasons in favor of getting rid of rear speakers (and even potential bass benefits), I don't know as if this one even needs to get thrown on the pile - but it's basically the equivalent of having a nice set of high-end home audio cabinets - and then sticking the subwoofer somehow INSIDE the speaker cabinet. You'd surely ask that friend "Why? Just why?" right?
Maybe something to ask yourself? :D

by JL Man » Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:32 am

High Society wrote:John...are you JL's love child :) j/k man. Yes the JL would be a great for the money too.
HEY! let's not speak of jl that way. im rather sensitive on the subject. lol

by High Society » Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:47 pm

John...are you JL's love child :) j/k man. Yes the JL would be a great for the money too.

by Jonathan » Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:52 pm

Premiums are very nice for the money. Really they're easier to set up than the Q series is.

XRs would still be my choice in the price range, though.

by spldreamer » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:04 pm

im still a big mbquart fan you can get a set brand new for about 270.00 shipped of pce216 and they sound awsome

Top