Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Balancing power

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Balancing power

by GlassWolf » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:53 am

see the FAQ section on speaker power ratings please. it'll help ya.

in addition to that I'll say that when using a set of separates, if the amp is 50 watts per channel, every speaker will see 50 watts. The only time impedance is affected by multiple speakers wired together on one channel, is when the speakers are producing the same frequencies at the same time.
with a crossover module, the tweeter and mid are producing separate frequencies, so power isn't divided. both the tweet and mid get the full 50 watts.
Don't let thermal ratings on speakers mislead you though.
If the speakers are rated for at least 50WPC or more, you're fine. More power handling just means they can take more without physical damage, not that they need that much power.

by veggie-man » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:05 pm

ok now would i get 2 50 watt speakers and 2 50 watt tweeters or 50 watts for both of them combined?

by GlassWolf » Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:30 pm

with 400 watts to a sub or subs, 50 watts per channel is plenty for components. that'll balance nicely in your camry. good, clean power. nothing that'll overpower the subs, or wash out the front stage. should sound nice.

by veggie-man » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:47 pm

I’m starting to look for a nice component/tweeter setup for my car (Toyota Camry). But I’m not to sure what wattage to get. I already have a diamond audio amp and sub (D3, 400 rms) so I don’t want to drain out the bass if I get a nice set of components. (what I mean is, will the speakers over power the sub) to tell you the truth I really don’t know if that’s how it works.

So really the question is around what wattage should I be looking at, for the components/tweeters combined (not replacing the rear-fill speaker) if my sub is 400rms?


thanks :happy055:

Top