Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Boss AVA 6300 install questions

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Boss AVA 6300 install questions

by William from NOLA » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:17 pm

I wouldn't throw them away until you get replacements :)

You can always sell them to the nearest sucker! :D

by scushkadee » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:15 pm

oh wow. hella money. can't beat that. haha (into the trash they go)

by William from NOLA » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:34 pm

~$30 brand new

by scushkadee » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:06 pm

how much did these things cost? they came with the nova i bought

by OnYrMrk » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:05 pm

I love boss...guess that is why I still have a job

by William from NOLA » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:51 pm

They should be fine off the headunit. What they sound like is dependent mainly on the speakers themselves and how good the source is.

Actually, they don't have power. Peak is really meaningless, RMS is what you want to know.

Refer to the FAQ section for anything you may have a question about on power.


There is a phrase everyone must remember, "you get what you pay for"

by scushkadee » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:41 pm

Okay, currently I do not have my speaker amplifier (multichannel) installed. So if i run this off of my aftermarket hu will it work fine on 4 ohm? Or will it sound like crap on that and sound better when i get the amp installed. I'm trying to decide whether or not i need to replace these, it says they peak at 300 watts each so they've got some power.

chris

by William from NOLA » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:27 pm

Ahh okay. I read about it having 4 or 8 ohms. I assumed they meant you could buy it in either 4 or 8 ohm versions.

It all depends on what you are running them off of. If you are running them in your car, 4 ohm. If you are running them in your house from a receiver, then 8 ohms.

Just hook up one. If you hook up both, you will have whatever amp you have it on running at around 3 ohms or so.

by Justin from Detroit1 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:26 pm

Assuming you are using an aftermarket HU, use the 4 ohm.

by scushkadee » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:23 pm

OHH i see, they are labeled by ohms. heres a more detailed pic,

http://img460.imageshack.us/img460/4816/p22600029jr.jpg

which one do I want to hook up? I don't recall which one was set up before.
Chris

Top