Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

New sub+amp and looking for advice

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: New sub+amp and looking for advice

by aggybong » Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:51 pm

I spent an hourush twiddling, and now it sounds awesome. What are the best settings for it? Right now, on the amp, the LPF is set to 100hz, the gain is set to full, and +12db boost. The HU has the HPF\LPF set to 80hz. Is that about right?

by aggybong » Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:41 pm

Well, what could be wrong? I need to suggest something if I go back. I'm not wrong for thinking this should overpower my regular speakers, right?

by Dustin from Huntsville » Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:24 pm

You have good equipment. Take it back to the place that installed it and tell them to fix it, at no charge of course.

by MrSo0h0o » Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:55 pm

i am planning to do the same.. tell me how it works out!

<fixed> New sub+amp and looking for advice

by aggybong » Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:44 pm

I just got my new amp and sub combo installed, and I have to say, something must be wrong, because it doesn't sound that great.

http://iweb.alpine-usa.com/pls/admn/ite ... &p_main=10

http://iweb.alpine-usa.com/pls/admn/ite ... &p_main=10

That's the amp and sub. Considering I currently run the rest of the speakers off of the deck, I expected this to be almost overpowering, but instead, with the speakers using the various HPF settings between 80hz and 160hz, it sounds worse, or at best, the same. Am I missing something? I'm not an expert with car audio, and I had the place I bought them at install them (Cost a ton)....I am assuming they wired the speaker parrallel, so it's 350w @ 2ohms load on the amp...I think.

Rest of system:
Alpine 9830 Deck
Infinity Kappa 6.5s
Some Pioneer stuff in back, they are crap :P

Top