by DoubleVision » Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:38 pm
I have a question concerning my Clarion 7 band graphic EQ, it`s doing what I call "channel blending" the unit is only 2 months old, When I first installed my system the dual voice coil Cerwin Vega 12 was doing it`s job, over the past weeks I noticed the bass response getting poorer and poorer, I suspected the EQ was doing what every graphic EQ I`ve ever owned was doing. the EQ has a seperate sub volume and it`s crossed over at 90 hertz, I keep the 50 hertz slider on the 7 band section almost at it`s lowest setting to keep my mids and highs from popping and distorting, today to test what I thought was happening, I moved the 50 hertz slider to half way and it may as well have blew the trunk off, the thing really went to hitting like a sledge hammer, I turned the sub volume all the way down and the sub went quiet as it should and the rest of the speakers played fine, Next I turned the sub back up and moved the 50 hertz slider back down to zero and all the bass went with it on the sub. when I first got this unit it didn`t do this, the 7 bands had zero effect on the subwoofer channel, now they do and it makes no sense at all, as I said, every EQ I`ve ever had did this but not when new, they always did it after a month or so use, can anyone tell me what causes this? I call it "channel blending" as I don`t know what else to call it, and is there anything I can do to fix it? if not I`m just going to throw the thing away and likely go with a digital unit.
I have a question concerning my Clarion 7 band graphic EQ, it`s doing what I call "channel blending" the unit is only 2 months old, When I first installed my system the dual voice coil Cerwin Vega 12 was doing it`s job, over the past weeks I noticed the bass response getting poorer and poorer, I suspected the EQ was doing what every graphic EQ I`ve ever owned was doing. the EQ has a seperate sub volume and it`s crossed over at 90 hertz, I keep the 50 hertz slider on the 7 band section almost at it`s lowest setting to keep my mids and highs from popping and distorting, today to test what I thought was happening, I moved the 50 hertz slider to half way and it may as well have blew the trunk off, the thing really went to hitting like a sledge hammer, I turned the sub volume all the way down and the sub went quiet as it should and the rest of the speakers played fine, Next I turned the sub back up and moved the 50 hertz slider back down to zero and all the bass went with it on the sub. when I first got this unit it didn`t do this, the 7 bands had zero effect on the subwoofer channel, now they do and it makes no sense at all, as I said, every EQ I`ve ever had did this but not when new, they always did it after a month or so use, can anyone tell me what causes this? I call it "channel blending" as I don`t know what else to call it, and is there anything I can do to fix it? if not I`m just going to throw the thing away and likely go with a digital unit.