Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Install problems

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Install problems

by smoker » Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:23 am

naksteve wrote:yeah, that's how my nak deck works with its "security flashing light" I feel just attracts attention (my last one was ripped off). One time I wired up a deck in my competition days with ACC fused directly to the battery, This allowed me to turn the systemon without keys.

i used to do that with a truck i took to shows back when most people didnt know what subs were...id leave the door open and the radio on but not crazy loud and people would come over and check it out....

by naksteve » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:55 am

Justin from Detroit wrote:Did you use a wire adapter? Sounds like it may be getting constant power, but not getting the ACC power to turn it on. A lot of decks have a built in "security" light which will blink when it doesn't have acc power.
yeah, that's how my nak deck works with its "security flashing light" I feel just attracts attention (my last one was ripped off). One time I wired up a deck in my competition days with ACC fused directly to the battery, This allowed me to turn the systemon without keys.

by Bwcad1 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:38 am

ur always right justin!

by Justin from Detroit1 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:34 am

HA I was SO correct.

by High Society » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:09 am

Thanks for the help, but I have found the problem. A acc wire that came from the car to the adapter didn't have power, so I had to tap a fuse.
Glad you got it fixed. Come back with any questions. We will be happy to help.

by nykbbal » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:04 am

Thanks for the help, but I have found the problem. A acc wire that came from the car to the adapter didn't have power, so I had to tap a fuse.

by High Society » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:37 pm

http://www.sfxaudio.com/AudioSchool/colorcodes.asp


That will give you the colors of which wires are what if you are a lil confused.

by High Society » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:32 pm

know the deck has power because the reset button behind the faceplate blinks
Check the ACC wire, should be the red wire. Make sure it's hooked up to the radio fuse.

by High Society » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:30 pm

Is that a used, or new deck? Not to be rude, but if new. I would take it back, and look into a more reliable HU. I would double check your wires. Make sure you have your power wire(should be yellow) hooked up right. Maybe you have that and the ACC wire crossed.

by nykbbal » Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:08 pm

The dash kit I bought was made by schosche, and that came with the adapter kit. Then from there, I just matched the colors of the wires and plugged the ends in. Then, I tried to turn it on and it didn't work... I originally blew the fuse for the dash, but I replaced that and now all the fuses are good, even the one in the deck itself. The deck is produced by Dual. As for a wire adapter... what is it? and what does it do?

Thanks,

Carl

Top