Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

RE Se series subs?

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: RE Se series subs?

re se subs

by breakjunki » Tue May 31, 2005 4:50 pm

This is what I'm tryin to figure out.. In real world terms.. how noticable of a difference am I going to see switching from my 3 premier 12's and the 1201.1(1100 watts) to say either a dual 12 se setup or say maybe a single sx 15?

by 6three6mafia6 » Tue May 31, 2005 2:01 pm

if money is an issue do a dual 12 SE set up, i cant picture you wanting more bass.

by audiobass10 » Fri May 27, 2005 9:25 pm

The SX is RE's only true SPL type sub aside from the MT of course. With 1200w rms you'd be best off running a single SX ported if you wanted to go with one of those. The SE's have a lot beefier build to them than the RE's but I had my single RE8 ported that could keep up with a pair of entry level 10's. I really like the RE series for the money, but if I were goin with 3 sub's I'd go with the SE's just for the fact that the RE series subs really don't need much power. 600w to 3 of the RE's would be plenty. If this were me, I'd just use a single SX ported. More subs aren't always "better" or louder especially when space is a factor. I'd give the SX around 4.5 cubes and tune it somewhere around 32-35 hz and be done with it. Should be considerably louder than those entry line premiers ya got right now as long as you know what you're doing.

by Darthness » Fri May 27, 2005 6:43 pm

You need more power, imo. 1 SE 12 will handle 1200W peak...

by audiofreak12 » Fri May 27, 2005 3:49 pm

The RE's get decently loud and still maintain s/q. The SE can only be a step up from those. Isnt there someone on here that has 2 SE 12's in the really different box? He posted them up one time, box reminded me of a coffin, or maybe a warlock guitar design or something, anybody remember him?

by lotas » Fri May 27, 2005 2:28 pm

well I cant give you first hand experience, Ive only heard an XXX which I own (i have a 10" RE but its still sitting in its box) but Im pretty sure the RE/SE are going to be SQ subs and the SX is mroe of an SPL sub. Therefore I cant say how drastic the change would be from RE/SE's vs your Pioneers, but Im willing to bet 3 SX's would be quite a bit louder.

Have you considered 2 12" SX's or something along those lines? Do you just like a 3 sub setup or something?


btw goto the FAQ section under the "displacement, Xmax" thread and it will show you how to calculate the potential of each, and what has the potential to be louder.

RE Se series subs?

by breakjunki » Fri May 27, 2005 2:06 pm

As some of you know I'm in the process of lookin for replacements on my 3 pioneer 12's.. I know re kicks ass, but I don't honestly know if I can afford 3 of the sx 12's.. so anybody know about the 2 lower lines.. re and the se.. kinda leaning toward the se.. about 170 apiece I think.. and if so how dramatic would 3 re se 12's be over three pioneer 12's (see pic in car audio discussion) powered by a jbl 1201.1?? thanks... JOE

Top