Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Head Unit Wiring Question for 05 Cavalier

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Head Unit Wiring Question for 05 Cavalier

by daykareboards » Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:51 am

yeah thats wat i did w/ my car in a sense, i didnt run the remote from the batt to a switch but the remote lead from the reciever to a switch then to the amp. i like it cauae i hate having my stereo up in the morning or when i have a headache... but i could just get a receiver w/ and amp on/off button.

by Jszar » Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:14 am

current is a result of electrical pressure (voltage) divided by the resistance of the wire it travels through and the circut. its science, i dont know any way of changing it. the only way you could make more current flow through that wire would be to have more electrical pressure (volts), or less resistance (ohms) in the circut. this is why power is regulated, and the amp is protected by shutting off if the voltage gets too high or too low. sending too much voltage through the remote lead would probably fry that little circut though, i doubt its protected.

a lot of people purposly wire a switch from the battery to the amps, so they have direct control of them....and just hide the switch under the dash or seat.


.....i basically said what will said, just in a few more words. i felt like being technical.

by William from NOLA » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:36 pm

Nope, the remote lead takes as much power as it needs (and can get); it only sees that there is power coming through is all it needs, how much doesn't matter. You won't need to put a switch on it as long as it is temporary (as in no longer than you testing it).

by ridr4lif » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:32 pm

That sounds like a good idea.

But would it be too much current for a remote turn on tho? Just a thought...

TEDD

by daykareboards » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:24 pm

i would try this just to make sure your amp is alright. buy a cheap little toggle switch and run a wire from you batt to it and then another wire from the toggle to the amp. put the cd in and turn the toggle switch to the on position. if everything works and your amp turns on and plays music then you know its something your doing w/ the cd player... if the amp still isnt working then its the amp.. that sound right guys?

by KOVER420 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:42 am

Could it be that I dont have a strong enough fuse somewhere? on the fuse tap I put a ten amp fuse in I would think that thats enough......

by KOVER420 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:21 am

yah I do....to be honest with ya I dont think I have any of the wiring wrong.....The way it is seems right and when I switch the wires the amp doesnt come on at all......ready to go crazy on this shit.....

by ridr4lif » Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:42 am

I kno this might be a silly question...but do you have your RCA's hooked up from the Head Unit to the Amp?

TEDD

by KOVER420 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:33 am

ok now everythings hooked up again.....still have that problem tho....I plugged the antenna into the head unit so the radio would work and I turned it on, it didnt shut the amp off, but it also wouldnt come through the subs......I have no idea HHHHHEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP im so damn aggravated...

by KOVER420 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:59 am

Okay Im gonna sand down a new grounding spot and make the grounding better just to be sure, I have a paper that came with the head unit that says the blue/striped wire is the amp remote wire, so I switched that....Im gonna hook the amp back up and see how it goes..

Top