Hmm... EDX in a sealed box...
I'd say that's probably not the best setup.
If you look at the specs for that sub, you'll see it's got one of the strongest, highest BL (lowest Qes) motors I've ever seen.
It's also got a pretty high resonant frequency.
If you work out the EBP for that guy, it basically screams "Port me or die, bitch!"
I don't have the specs right here in front of me now, but I know it's way up there.
This isn't a SQ sub, or even an SQL sub...
...this is their unabashed, undeniable SPL competition sub.
It's strengths aren't going to be finesse, detail... not excursion... but rather raw motor strength across a more limited excursion range - just what you'd see with a ported application - particularly a ported application with a billion watts with one particular test tone and tuning frequency.
Just curious - what are your goals for this sub?
In other words, what criteria will you be testing it against?
Hmm... EDX in a sealed box...
I'd say that's probably not the best setup.
If you look at the specs for that sub, you'll see it's got one of the strongest, highest BL (lowest Qes) motors I've ever seen.
It's also got a pretty high resonant frequency.
If you work out the EBP for that guy, it basically screams "Port me or die, bitch!" :tongue017
I don't have the specs right here in front of me now, but I know it's way up there. ;)
This isn't a SQ sub, or even an SQL sub...
...this is their unabashed, undeniable SPL competition sub.
It's strengths aren't going to be finesse, detail... not excursion... but rather raw motor strength across a more limited excursion range - just what you'd see with a ported application - particularly a ported application with a billion watts with one particular test tone and tuning frequency. :D
Just curious - what are your goals for this sub?
In other words, what criteria will you be testing it against?