Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Clarion VX 400 resets itself

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Clarion VX 400 resets itself

by William from NOLA » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:41 pm

1. I would go over your wiring and make sure everything is connected securely and to the right wires. I would also check your battery and make sure it is still good.

2. I would try not to stream music via bluetooth and see if that stops that. If you find that is the cause, I would get the USB connection add-on for the iPhone and use that to play music.

I have zero experience with that unit, so this is all I can suggest.

Clarion VX 400 resets itself

by 4troyer » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:35 pm

I purchased the VX400 from about 2 months ago and I am having some problems with it. There are two main problems and I do not know what to do or who to contact about them.

1. About every other day the stereo beeps twice and then goes to the startup screen. When it comes back on it has reset itself to the factory settings, but my bluetooth is still paired. It only resets the audio settings (stations an eq)

2. Approximately 5 times the bluetooth stops working. A call will come in and connect, but the mic won't work and no sound comes out of the speaker. If I reset the unit to factory settings and pair my phone again it starts working. I don't know if it has something to do with streaming music by bluetooth?

I use my iphone with the system if that make any difference.

Is this an easy fix or is the unit defective.

Top