Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

wire harness for my 02 bonny

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: wire harness for my 02 bonny

by Tim » Sun May 24, 2009 10:18 pm

smoker wrote:that harness will cover a ton of vehicles, ive seen them like that, usually those vehicles will have options from the factory that may not be on your car...

so the individual that has a harness like this can just use the wires they need and leave the rest blank...is that correct??

Tim

by smoker » Sun May 24, 2009 6:03 pm

that harness will cover a ton of vehicles, ive seen them like that, usually those vehicles will have options from the factory that may not be on your car...

by Tim » Sun May 24, 2009 5:30 pm

Ryan from Ohio wrote:Well I never run the remote turn on into those harness's anyhow... I just wire direct off the HUs harness at that point.

Yeah so do I, like I said it just threw me for a loop not seein one.

Tim

by Ryan from Ohio » Sun May 24, 2009 3:15 pm

Well I never run the remote turn on into those harness's anyhow... I just wire direct off the HUs harness at that point.

by Tim » Sun May 24, 2009 1:29 pm

Ryan from Ohio wrote:Im assuming your talking about the harness between the stock and the new deck?
Sounds like they may have added some power and grounds in empty spaces on the plug?
Compare the new plug to the old.


You assume correct on the harness.

It just flipped my lid to see so many wires of the same coding and polarity.
and yet no turn on wire for the amp.

Thanks Ryan,

Tim

by Ryan from Ohio » Sun May 24, 2009 10:34 am

Im assuming your talking about the harness between the stock and the new deck?

Sounds like they may have added some power and grounds in empty spaces on the plug?

Compare the new plug to the old.

wire harness for my 02 bonny

by Tim » Sun May 24, 2009 9:59 am

Ok dudes, I am O-fficially confused. Got mah new head unit right?? Pioneer Premier P980BT. Okay the place I got if from sent me a dash kit and the harness to hook it up(free). Not Crutchfield either.

I just got to looking at the harness and it has six (6) brown wires, five of which are labeled mute, three (3) black wires, all of which are labeled ground, two (2) yellow wires, all of which are labled 12+ constant. And no remote turn on wire ( blue w/white stripe).

I have the harness from my old deck, so I can use it to wire my new one, so its no big deal really. I am just wondering what is up.

FWIW all the other speaker wires are correct. This is just new to me, did somehting change in color coding I dont know about??



Thanks,

Tim

Top