Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Alpine Type R 12" 2ohm DVC help

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Alpine Type R 12" 2ohm DVC help

by MobileAudio219 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:42 pm

With the box you tuned to 32hz you really dont want to play anything under that. Once you go under what the enclosure is tuned to, its like running the sub free aired (no enclosure.)

Some people do break in their subs by playing them free air, but they barely run any power at all to them.

I think you'd be much better off setting your subsonic filter to 30-32hz and playing the subs at a reasonable volume for the first couple hours.

2cuft is the sweet spot, it'll make you feel as giggly as a school girl.. The next thing you know youre in the back seat with it bouncing around in your lap while you what the cones jiggle up and down!!!!! ahhhhhh

It'll be so awesome, just remember to wear protection! :happy055:











Hearing protection you perv's, get your minds out of the gutter.

by Laparka22 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:39 pm

It's a Ford Contour 98 and the box is 2CF ported tuned to 32Hz. In my opening post I put 3 CF but nah its 2 CF. I'll take it easy the first few hours. Play some 30Hz Test songs and swine waves and stuff just to be on the save side. Just wondering if you guys broke you subs in.

by Bwcad1 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:59 am

IMO there really isnt a specific process to break in a sub. All the break in does is loosen up the spiders. The first few hours of the sub playing will break it in. I never do anything specific.

by MobileAudio219 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:28 pm

Laparka22 wrote:One more question. When you guys have a new sub do you break it in? If so how? Or do you just listen to it right away?
I always try to take it semi easy (like 1/2 volume instead of 3/4's) for the first few hours. I don't know if alpine suggest a break in period or not, but it's certainly not going to hurt anything. :D

Bill (bwcad1) or whatever is log in name is, he'd be the person to ask. Well him and alpine! :D

Uhm, I notice the alpines seem to sound better after a few hours play. Actually I've notice that with a few different subs.

What kind of car do you have? Whats the box tuned to? prefab?

by Laparka22 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:50 pm

One more question. When you guys have a new sub do you break it in? If so how? Or do you just listen to it right away?

by MobileAudio219 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:44 pm

Laparka22 wrote:I'll only have to wait a month to save, I think I'll just go with the JL. Thanks for the advise.
The JL makes good amps. We could go on and on about what amp would work the best for you, but I think everyone here will agree that the jl should work out well for you. Now we may get some argument about rather or not it's over priced, but thats just one of those things....

I think you'll be please though!

by Laparka22 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:35 pm

I'll only have to wait a month to save, I think I'll just go with the JL. Thanks for the advise.

by MobileAudio219 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:23 pm

Laparka22 wrote:So you guys think that Hifonics would do the job fine? Worth it to save for the JL audio or just go with Hifonics?
Honestly the JL is a better amp. Will you notice a difference in sound? Eh, probably not so much.

If youre on a budget and want a decent amp, go with the hifonics. If you have the extra money (or dont mind saving for a while), than yes, theres better out there (but for more money.)

by Laparka22 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:14 pm

So you guys think that Hifonics would do the job fine? Worth it to save for the JL audio or just go with Hifonics?

by cool mr grinch » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:45 pm

i run 2 re se 10s on a brutus bxi2008d at 1ohm daily.

Top