Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Driver's side mid/tweet both gone...

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Driver's side mid/tweet both gone...

by NorthQuad » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:52 pm

Dropped the camera a couple of days ago. No flash or focus makes the pictures blurry. I had the camera for 6 good years. What a way to go. But anyway, enough about the camera. My new gems. Going in on Friday.

Image

by NorthQuad » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:13 pm

I was just searching the forum for info on Splitting RCA's and now I feel a little dumb for wanting to put the components in the rear doors. I just read a load of your posts telling peeps to steer clear of this.(Putting speakers in different areas/directions) I know to stay clear of it for SQ issues and cancellation and such... but... man I have a guilty feeling in the pit of my stomach for wanting to try this now.

by NorthQuad » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:05 pm

Anyone have anything against the Alpine Pro components?

I'm going to have the shop throw a set in place of the REF's that are in the front doors now. Then put the REF's in the rear doors. I wanted to put 8" midrange/bass in the rear doors. Knowing me, that'll never happen. So I might as well bring the volume up this way.

Retail price is crazy... but I've learned my lesson about warranty now. It works.

So yeah, anything negative about the PRO's come to mind?

by NorthQuad » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:43 pm

Ryan from Ohio wrote:Well if you got warranty use it silly.

Thats the cost of retail.
Haha. For sure.

I'll tell them tomorrow so they can set a time to check it out.

by Ryan from Ohio » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:13 pm

Well if you got warranty use it silly.

Thats the cost of retail.

by NorthQuad » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:12 pm

I still, after the many times you all have recomended for me to purchase a DMM... haven't gone and picked one up. I should do that.

But... I think these are still under warranty. I'm sure they have a one year deal. And they were installed by the local Visions retailer. I'm sure I still have two months to go.

I should probably let them open it up and do the investigating. They might tell me to shove the warranty otherwise.

Mabey this is a sign to go bigger and better.

Thanks Ryan.

by Ryan from Ohio » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:48 pm

YOu will need to unhook the mid/tweet and probe them with a DMM.

If they are reading normal (about 3.6 Ohms) Then its the crossover. DO a continuity check on it.

Driver's side mid/tweet both gone...

by NorthQuad » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:42 pm

I have Alpine 6.5" Type X REF components. I was fairly happy with them. Then the mid on the driver's side would cut out every now and then. I haven't been putting too much power to them and there was no distortion at all. Then the tweet started to sound like it had a constant hissing sound coming out of it. At this point the mid stopped working all together.

Now it's just a quiet little pissst... pissst... from the tweet when music should be coming out. The passenger side is still crystal clear.

Is it the crossover that's done for or the mid and tweet do you think?

Top