by falkenbd » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:49 pm
Ok, heres the deal. I paid $30 used for the pair. Yes they aren't the best looking...
The pictures maybe make it look a little worse than it is.
I listened to them today, for about 15 minutes for each tweeter. I had them High passed at about 6khz, which is roughly where they'll be in my setup.
I must say, I liked the sound. I heard no distortion. I took them pretty loud. Louder than the volume where my RF tweets would have distorted. I even through in some heavy metal with lots of screaming guitars and plenty of cymbals clashing.
The highs (cymbals, claps) sounded a little soft, this was in comparison to my RF tweets tho. Very detailed and clear - even at loud volumes, but kind of lost in the background more than my RF tweets ever allowed it to be, I don't know if this would have anything to do with the domes being dented up. Its probably just the way they sound, and the fact that I had some upper frequencies EQ'ed down because the RF tweeters are harsh...
I really liked the sound of these tweeters. I'm going to keep this used set - focus on the install, which I have TONS of that to do, and replace them somewhere down the road.
Ok, heres the deal. I paid $30 used for the pair. Yes they aren't the best looking...
The pictures maybe make it look a little worse than it is.
I listened to them today, for about 15 minutes for each tweeter. I had them High passed at about 6khz, which is roughly where they'll be in my setup.
I must say, I liked the sound. I heard no distortion. I took them pretty loud. Louder than the volume where my RF tweets would have distorted. I even through in some heavy metal with lots of screaming guitars and plenty of cymbals clashing.
The highs (cymbals, claps) sounded a little soft, this was in comparison to my RF tweets tho. Very detailed and clear - even at loud volumes, but kind of lost in the background more than my RF tweets ever allowed it to be, I don't know if this would have anything to do with the domes being dented up. Its probably just the way they sound, and the fact that I had some upper frequencies EQ'ed down because the RF tweeters are harsh...
I really liked the sound of these tweeters. I'm going to keep this used set - focus on the install, which I have TONS of that to do, and replace them somewhere down the road.