Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Changing wake up (Rant)

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Changing wake up (Rant)

by JASON96R » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:21 pm

Oh, yeah not having to wake up at 530am anymore is probably the best feature.

by cargodz » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:55 pm

Yeah, I only live 2 miles from Menards, that and them being sooo much cheaper than Lowes or Depot, I'm sure I'll still shop there for materials.

by JASON96R » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:15 pm

Yeah, I didn't mean to imply that you were mocking pizza delivery, just pointing out especially if everyone did tip 3-5 dollars how well I could do we do get shafted a lot around where I live mainly deliver to Clyde and Bellevue, OH. I put some time in too and got nothing back from Lowe's. Yeah, I can understand wanting the discount for MDF etc. that stuff is way to expensive. Also, it takes me atleast 30 minutes if not longer to get to Lowe's, so many times I would just drive the 2 minutes to the hardware store or Carter's.

by cargodz » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:54 am

Although for me I did like the discount... especially on MDF, screws, and such.

by cargodz » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:52 am

I'm not mocking Pizza delivery... Heck I think I give them pretty good tips ($3-5 bucks, pending wait)... I was just using it as a comparison to me spending 2 years at a company and getting shafted on pay.

by JASON96R » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:47 am

Cargodz, funny you mention making more and Mickey D's, the one almost in the same parking lot infact their employees use are parking lot to park start off making around 10-20cents more and hour than we do at Lowe's. The discount doesn't matter to me I do no home repair, as I live in a Apt. and the appliances which would be about my only interest, I can get most for cheaper at ABC Warehouse even with my discount. Dont mock pizza delivery just as long as you have a good MPG car that happens to be a beater it can be a great job. I chill out most nights BSing and can still swing around $15/hr.

by Bwcad1 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:39 am

unions suck.

by cargodz » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:35 am

Well with only a week and a half left it would be a battle that I probably wouldn't want for the long haul, but it is good info for anyone else that's interested...
Here's something funny though... My Boss yesterday after I left went around to everyone asking them if they were interested in the position since I was leaving... And every one of them turned him down, cause they feel it would be backstabbing me :) Makes me feel good about my fellow employees at least.

by Ryan from Ohio » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:34 am

cargodz wrote:Wouldn't scare them a bit since everybody had to sign a non-union paper before we started...
Fine then. I will call them and arrange a vote for you :)

So what you signed an illegal piece of paper... They cant do that... If they tried to do anything with it the Union would put up lawyers and the ACLU would probably put a hurting on them...

http://www.ufcw.org/about_ufcw/organizing_101/index.cfm

I would read that a bit then talk to your coworkers and band together and do it.

Its happening to more than just you. Make them pay for that BS...

by breakjunki » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:56 am

I just want my stapler, my red swingline stapler :thumbsup I vote office space em... Thatsa shady deal though although alot of big omaonies even around here seem to be doing it even cuting back full time employees to just under the insurance needed hours..

Top