by cargodz » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:03 pm
Well your simple add-ons such as exhaust, Cold air, pulley, MAF upgrade, Royal Purple oil, upgraded wires, NGK plugs... all of these should free up somewhere around 50 ponies...
Notice I said "Free up"... as most of these do not actually gain hp, but actually make the motor more efficient in how it performs, thus "free up".
So you could get somewhere between 290-315 at the crank without Nitrous or any major modification... Although notice I point out that this is crank HP and not Wheel Hp... You can easily account for a 10-20% loss from the crank to the wheels, but the only real way to know what you've gained would be to go hit the dyno now and then again after your upgrades.
Well your simple add-ons such as exhaust, Cold air, pulley, MAF upgrade, Royal Purple oil, upgraded wires, NGK plugs... all of these should free up somewhere around 50 ponies...
Notice I said "Free up"... as most of these do not actually gain hp, but actually make the motor more efficient in how it performs, thus "free up".
So you could get somewhere between 290-315 at the crank without Nitrous or any major modification... Although notice I point out that this is crank HP and not Wheel Hp... You can easily account for a 10-20% loss from the crank to the wheels, but the only real way to know what you've gained would be to go hit the dyno now and then again after your upgrades.