by JeremyC » Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:59 pm
William, almost all GM alts have the converter regulator built in, and I know for a fact the S10s due too.
Scarrell, have your brother disconect everything from the alt and take an OHM meter and shoot between the output post, and the chassi of the alt. I almost bet you he will have continuity. Sounds like the alt is shorting to ground somehow and it is putting to great a strain on the electrical system causing the truck to die. I would take the alt back as soon as possiable, and do not take the chance of running the truck with it connected.
William, almost all GM alts have the converter regulator built in, and I know for a fact the S10s due too.
Scarrell, have your brother disconect everything from the alt and take an OHM meter and shoot between the output post, and the chassi of the alt. I almost bet you he will have continuity. Sounds like the alt is shorting to ground somehow and it is putting to great a strain on the electrical system causing the truck to die. I would take the alt back as soon as possiable, and do not take the chance of running the truck with it connected.