Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Where can I get......

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Where can I get......

by visualchaosfx » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:52 am

CaptainPioneer wrote:oh cool... I was going to say that either that or the ZX3 would be a cool so that you could open up the gate and have a rack back there... but yea 4 door is cool too
Yeah their good cars. I'll have to sound deaden the whole rear and stuff. Everything in there rattles even with the system I got in there now lol.

by CaptainPioneer » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:23 am

oh cool... I was going to say that either that or the ZX3 would be a cool so that you could open up the gate and have a rack back there... but yea 4 door is cool too

by visualchaosfx » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:24 am

CaptainPioneer wrote:Is this the 5 door focus?
No the 4 door sedan one

by CaptainPioneer » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:23 am

Is this the 5 door focus?

by visualchaosfx » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:22 am

CaptainPioneer wrote:good luck with that... 6 15's will be quite an install. What vehicle are these going in?
Yeah it'll be a project all right lol. They are going in my 2001 ford focus. We are going to take out the back seat and bolt a platform onto the floor. The amp rack is going in the trunk.

by CaptainPioneer » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:13 am

good luck with that... 6 15's will be quite an install. What vehicle are these going in?

by visualchaosfx » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:08 am

Thanks for the response guys. the12volt.com is a great site. Has a lot to read and stuff.

Thats a lot of 15's. What kind?

I was thinking about using 6 of those Power Acoustik MOFOs but I might do the 6 Fusion NVs or Fusion Powerplants. Haven't decided yet. I've actually ordered an enclosure for the MOFO so I can try it out and see what it sounds like. I'm gonna try and see what dB rating I get with one of those in their.

15's

by lancerswimmer89 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:59 am

Thats a lot of 15's. What kind?

by smoker » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:42 am

this site has its very own how to by fiberglass gurus ryan and sinister audio, i think its in the faq section....

by geolemon » Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:16 pm

The key is understanding that a "fiberglass" enclosure is fully dependent on a wooden structure. ;)

From there [and a little basic understanding of structural concepts and the forces of physics at work on the enclosure from the simple force of the cone motion and the not quite as simple forces of the air dynamics inside the enclosure] it's more of an artform, in understanding how to cut your shapes and create your wooden structure in such a way that your fiberglass cloth will be stretched into the shape that you want when you staple it in place before applying resin.

All the basic enclosure construction rules still apply - with regard to the actual speaker location within the vehicle, the structural integrity of the enclosure itself and how that affects performance, etc.
Fortunately, a fiberglass panel that is only 1/4" is pretty much equivalent to a 3/4" piece of MDF or plywood in both rigidity and acoustics.
(I'd personally still recommend 'glassing in some ribs with scrap pieces of matting on the backside, wherever possible)

It's also important to note that resin cures with (and chemically creates) heat - and too much heat actually warps your cured product. So, there's some experience involved in knowing when your initial layup is thick enough to be warp resistant, and your ratio of hardener to epoxy is 'hot' enough to cure, but not too 'hot' to cause warpage. ;)

There are some fun advanced techniques to learn too, that don't involve stretching a base cloth at all, that allow you more artistic flexibility - but even many experienced installers aren't aware of some of them, so my guess is the results you are looking for won't require those.

Select Products makes a brief video on basic fiberglassing that might benefit you - although it focuses more on using fiberglass to create enclosures like a spare tire well mold, where the outer surface is wood - which is a yet again different technique (involving a mold and mold release). If you are serious about doing more than this one-time enclosure, I'd suggest buying it.

Top