CaptainPioneer wrote:yea and as u can tell... Im a cheap ass so i always expect prices to be low... I wouldnt be suprised if they market it at like $1,399 and then have all the dealers sell it around 600-800 so as to make it look like a great deal
That WOULD be a great deal!.
I think you are optimistic -
The Audiobahn AWT-34 had an MSRP of something like $5000... and dealers probably not selling it much over their cost at about $3,000... and even at that, how many customers do you think you'll have? You might sit on it for a year, maybe two - it takes a special customer.
Part of it is, it costs a ton of cabbage - but even being "out of budget" range, if you actually saw the sub in person, and really looked at what makes it up, and how it needs to be built - you'd probably actually think it was a
bargain for that price. :happy055:
Why?
Things get cheap when you mass produce them.
...and a 34" sub simply isn't going to be mass produced.
(neither is a 25" ] rather than cast, because the extraordinarily expensive mold-making expense for cast parts can't be justified for products that aren't being mass produced.
I'd say that if dealer cost on a subwoofer like this was anywhere between $750-$1000, that would be quite reasonable... and that means MSRP is probably more in the $2,000 range. Also, dealers wouldn't want to take on the risk of stocking a slow-selling sub like this unless they were selling it for $1500 or so (still able to brag "lower than MSRP). Not greed, but they could easily burn through that much in overhead, sales and display efforts, given that they could be sitting on the subs for months before they move one.
It's the Ford vs. Rolls Royce comparison. Obviously, everything Ford makes is manufactured in high volume. By contrast, Motor Trend toured the Rolls Royce plant, and commented something along the lines of "Touring the Rolls Royce plant, and watching the hand craftsmanship and fabrication that goes into each Rolls Royce, I am not left wondering how they are able to charge so much for each Rolls Royce - but rather, I am wondering how they are able to charge so
little for them!"
I'd be VERY surprised if this sub was going to be mass-produced (and I don't know of any off-the-shelf 25" baskets either

) - that would be one risky decision!

[quote="CaptainPioneer"]yea and as u can tell... Im a cheap ass so i always expect prices to be low... I wouldnt be suprised if they market it at like $1,399 and then have all the dealers sell it around 600-800 so as to make it look like a great deal[/quote]
That WOULD be a great deal!. :surprised
I think you are optimistic -
The Audiobahn AWT-34 had an MSRP of something like $5000... and dealers probably not selling it much over their cost at about $3,000... and even at that, how many customers do you think you'll have? You might sit on it for a year, maybe two - it takes a special customer.
Part of it is, it costs a ton of cabbage - but even being "out of budget" range, if you actually saw the sub in person, and really looked at what makes it up, and how it needs to be built - you'd probably actually think it was a [i]bargain [/i]for that price. :happy055:
Why?
Things get cheap when you mass produce them.
...and a 34" sub simply isn't going to be mass produced.
(neither is a 25" ] rather than cast, because the extraordinarily expensive mold-making expense for cast parts can't be justified for products that aren't being mass produced.
I'd say that if dealer cost on a subwoofer like this was anywhere between $750-$1000, that would be quite reasonable... and that means MSRP is probably more in the $2,000 range. Also, dealers wouldn't want to take on the risk of stocking a slow-selling sub like this unless they were selling it for $1500 or so (still able to brag "lower than MSRP). Not greed, but they could easily burn through that much in overhead, sales and display efforts, given that they could be sitting on the subs for months before they move one. ;)
It's the Ford vs. Rolls Royce comparison. Obviously, everything Ford makes is manufactured in high volume. By contrast, Motor Trend toured the Rolls Royce plant, and commented something along the lines of "Touring the Rolls Royce plant, and watching the hand craftsmanship and fabrication that goes into each Rolls Royce, I am not left wondering how they are able to charge so much for each Rolls Royce - but rather, I am wondering how they are able to charge so [i]little [/i]for them!"
I'd be VERY surprised if this sub was going to be mass-produced (and I don't know of any off-the-shelf 25" baskets either ;) ) - that would be one risky decision! :surprised