Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Synthetic Oils

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Synthetic Oils

by GlassWolf » Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:20 am

Jonathan wrote:Keep in mind that oil doesn't break down, it gets dirty. The filter is more important than the oil. Consider sealed a/c systems and so forth that are lubricated for life. It's because no foreign matter gets in the oil, thus it doesn't get dirty or "break down".
yup like I said, I don't care how good your oil is, the reason for changing it as often as 3K miles is to remove the dirt and metal particles that are suspended in it. Those are what tear up an engine. This is also why you don't go 30K miles on one oil change in a pasenger vehicle. A Peterbilt is a COMMERCIAL DIESEL and built to go a million miles between overhauls.

A bypass filter bolts to the frome of your car, underneat, and has a line that runs from the oil pan to the filter, and from the filter back up to the oil return, so the oil is pumped through the filter separately from the normal oil filter, doing a better job of removing the harmful particles from the oil. 6 microns vs an oil filter's 29 micron filtration level.

by Ryan from Ohio » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:50 am

Las time I took it to one of them fast lubes. It used to be a Penzoil one I think.

$18, then a idden $3 charge for "enviromental fees"

:attitude

WTF they sell the used oil, so what exactly is this charge for?

by solacedagony » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:33 am

After watching that video that someone posted awhile back, I'm never going to a jiffy lube again. I change my own oil anyway, but I'll never take it to one of those places, even in a squeeze.

by Darthness » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:31 am

speaking of oil,i had a coupon for some money off an oilchange. so i go to jiffylube and get that.. even with a fuckin coupon i still had to pay $55... WTF, thats mad.

next time i'm fucking changing ti myself, fuck the rules.

by Jonathan » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:26 am

Keep in mind that oil doesn't break down, it gets dirty. The filter is more important than the oil. Consider sealed a/c systems and so forth that are lubricated for life. It's because no foreign matter gets in the oil, thus it doesn't get dirty or "break down".

by William from NOLA » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:26 am

"loose" is a gay guy's anus

"lose" is ... well you know...

by cargodz » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:02 am

Just about every car looses a little oil thanks to that oil return line going into your intake.

by Ryan from Ohio » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:54 am

I looked into Royal Purple also. My dad was telling me about it.

Trouble is it was the same price as AMS thru summit but had to be shipped with an extra shipping charge due to it being oil...


I just did the flush and switch today.

I also noticed AGAIN that my car is loosing oil. I never see any puddles, so it must be going out the tail pipe...

by cargodz » Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:03 am

Also I run royal purple in the Stealth R/T. I can tell ya this much, it gave it a huge kit in the @ss, better 0-60 times and better gas milage too and when you gotta put in premium that means alot.

by joeyc » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:14 pm

Yeah, its always been one of those things I was skeptical about. This is the first time I've really heard actual accounts of its capabilities. I may look into running it myself.

Top