Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Amp Distortion?

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Amp Distortion?

by ridenlow » Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:14 pm

sell your amp to some fool and go buy a better amp

by solacedagony » Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:45 am

They were referring to power as in how much your amplifier can deliver to your sub, not electrical power to feed your amplifiers.

by Minorthreat412 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:30 pm

It does it even when the gain is down very low. What can I do to give my system more power? Another battery? HO Alternator? What's the best way to come at this on a low budget?

by Bwcad1 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:03 pm

yea sounds like the gain

by smoker » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:34 pm

i see a lot of people set their system up where that happens and usually the gain is too high...they crank the gain to make up for not enough power

by ridr4lif » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:38 pm

Sounds to me like either the HU or the AMP.

Amp Distortion?

by Minorthreat412 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:51 pm

Alright, I have to find out why every subwoofer that I put in my car wants to sort of "pop" as the bass hits. Sort of like they're clipping.

This could be three things.

-The box is not right for the speaker.

-Stuff is rattling in my car to make it sound like they're clipping.

-Maybe a ported box that has a lot of leaks in it?

-or it's my amplifier that just makes them sound like crap.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Is it possible for an amp to make subs sound different than other subs?

I can change the freq and HU settings all I want but I just can't get rid of the popping noise. Please help, I have no idea what to do.

Top