Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Orion 2250SX amplifier, exposed

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Orion 2250SX amplifier, exposed

by GlassWolf » Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:33 pm

I'll get to that in a bit.
I'm waiting to hear back from the person I bought the amps from to buy the remainder of his defective units.
I'd rather not specify the damage then have him fix them up.

by Dustin from Huntsville » Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:40 pm

What was wrong with it? Nothing really looks burnt on the PCB board as far as I can tell.

Orion 2250SX amplifier, exposed

by GlassWolf » Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:19 am

In case anybody ever wondered what a big old school amplifier looks like on the inside, I took some pictures of one of mine after I'd opened it up and repaired it (bought it as "dead on arrival.")

I've labeled a few things just to give you an idea of what you're looking at.
The amp is rather large, at 24" long, and I could barely carry three of them down a flight of stairs without dropping them. They aren't very light.
Specs are as follows:

250 watts RMS x 2 @ 4 ohms
500 watts RMS x 2 @ 2 ohms
1,000 watts RMS x 1 @ 4 ohms bridged
accepts up to 4AWG power cable directly
internally fused using two 5AG-40A glass fuses
active cooling (built-in 80mm fan)
class-A/B design, all MilSpec components
original MSRP $1,250

http://www.wickedcases.com/misc/2250SX/2250-01.jpg
amplifier power cable terminals, and molex connector for remote trigger and speaker wires

http://www.wickedcases.com/misc/2250SX/2250-02.jpg
power supply capacitors, and FET bars for the output stage

http://www.wickedcases.com/misc/2250SX/2250-03.jpg
power cable terminals and power supplies

http://www.wickedcases.com/misc/2250SX/2250-04.jpg
one of the twin 5AG-40A fuse holders for internal protection

http://www.wickedcases.com/misc/2250SX/2250-05.jpg
image of the entire amplifier from underneath

Top