Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Great deal on amps

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Great deal on amps

by solacedagony » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:42 am

Also, off topic question from thread. Is it correct to have a common ground for amplifiers? I have a distribution block for my Orion 2500d (requires 2 four-gauge powers and grounds). Can I just plug my power/ground into my distribution blocks and go?
Also, if anyone by chance knows, what power/ground wire size this thing takes, let me know. It doesn't seem to say in the listing on PE. I'm gonna have to google it.

by solacedagony » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:35 am

I just ordered one of the RPM2300 (150Wx2). Great deal, even if it doesn't get all the way up to 150W/channel.
Question on the filter. I'd imagine I'm definately going to want to set it to high pass so I don't over-excurse my speakers (just stock right now, I'm thinking of going with some budget Infinity Refs). Should I also get a set of the RCA filters for the top end low pass, or will it not matter?

by Jonathan » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:00 pm

mikechec9 wrote:Memories. Back in the early '90's I met with what I believe to have been an Aura rep at a soundoff at Stone Mountain. Was going on about how his particular motor was going to revolutionize the car audio industry. The structure looked strange and "nipply." Of course, it ended up being Neodymium (wasn't aware their UH rendition was a topic), but he was looking for investors for the cause. I actually would have, except I was in high school (and broke with two Bostwick 12"s at the time).
Anyway, interesting how things change.
Wow, small world.

by mikechec9 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:43 pm

Memories. Back in the early '90's I met with what I believe to have been an Aura rep at a soundoff at Stone Mountain. Was going on about how his particular motor was going to revolutionize the car audio industry. The structure looked strange and "nipply." Of course, it ended up being Neodymium (wasn't aware their UH rendition was a topic), but he was looking for investors for the cause. I actually would have, except I was in high school (and broke with two Bostwick 12"s at the time).
Anyway, interesting how things change.

by Jonathan » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:26 pm

The Mobile Reference components that they used to make were some really nice components for the money. Those could compete with comps twice their price. Those comps had all their technological goodies built in, though ;)

by Jonathan » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:22 pm

No, not ARC level. What would you expect for a $100 bill, though. :lgh Good for the budgeteers ;) Only thing you can get for that price is some highly overrated Sony or Power Acoustic amp.

If we were talking about things within Aura's niche, like their subs, that's a better playing field. Their subs are fantastic. The smaller drivers are excellent as well, just not a lot to compare them to.

by Justin from Detroit1 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:17 pm

Not as good as ARC?

by Jonathan » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:57 pm

Aura makes some good stuff. Those amps are very good for the money, I'd put them on par with mid-level brands like MTX, Kicker, JBL, stuff in that price range. They used to have a higher end "Mobile Reference" lineup, this is the RPM lineup which was under that.

Aura's specialty is in niche drivers, like smaller wideband drivers, pro sound subwoofers, bass shakers, like you see on madisound
http://www.madisound.com/cgi-bin/index. ... 62916.9767
They have a small but dedicated following, which explains why most have never heard of them. They build great stuff for the money, though, and have developed some incredible technologies (especially their underhung motors for subs and speakers).

I think Aura is getting out of mobile audio altogether, that's why there is a buyout on them. Parts Express has about 200 or so of each amp left, and the deal lasts until they're cleared out. People went further in depth on DIYMA, more commentary there:
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/sho ... php?t=2752
3rd page has pics of the internals of the 2x150 amplifier.

by Justin from Detroit1 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:21 pm

Yes, I am also wondering on the quality.

by audiobass10 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:14 pm

Yea, I saw these the other day. I wasn't sure of the quality because i'm not real familiar with Aura. What would you compare them to in terms of quality?

Top