Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

2 15" subs decent sq but loud

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: 2 15" subs decent sq but loud

by GlassWolf » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:04 pm

not really.
fifteens need to be crossed over at 50-60Hz to sound their best.
otherwise you're going to get cone flutter trying to produce higher frequencies with that large of a sub, and it's going to sound "boomy."

by Mithrandir » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:34 am

well im gonna measure my trunk one of these days and if I have room for 2 15s, im gonna get em if not ill get 2 12s. Do you think I will be able to cross my 15s at 80-100 hz and not have em sound horrible.

by Jonathan » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:54 pm

Some swear by the SQ of the Kappa Perfects....but they aren't anything special. I'd most definately take SEs over them, or IDQs.

by audiobass10 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:47 pm

GlassWolf wrote:yes two good 12s will be quite a bit louder than those infinity subs.. those things are just downright awful.
I've never been impressed with any of Infinities subs, granted I havne't heard their higher end Kappa Perfect line. I mean, sure they sound decent, but just not loud enough for the majority.

I really like the SE's, so i'd definitely suggest them. 2 12" SE's would get damn loud. Great SQ subs too, especially for the price. In some cases, the 12's would be louder than the 15's, depending on your space constraints. You don't need HUGE subs to get loud..just need to utilize the space you have and spend time on box design.

by GlassWolf » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:47 pm

yes two good 12s will be quite a bit louder than those infinity subs.. those things are just downright awful.

by sinister audio » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:22 am

you can still get the old XXXs brand new you just need to find a dealer and the RE se15 is an awsome sub im thinking about either getting 2 of those or 1 xxx15 for home audio duty.

by Bwcad1 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:19 am

both of those woofs look pretty decent.

by Mithrandir » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:17 am

I hesitate to buy anything from ebay though, esp used. I would rather buy new. Ill probably end up going with either leathal injection 15s or arsenal 15s unless anyone can recommend somthing better or if you guys dont think they would suit me well.

by Bwcad1 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:56 am

the sx plays higher cause its based more as spl than sq.

by High Society » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:57 pm

Well I got a 15 I can sell you :)

Top