Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

DLS Components

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: DLS Components

by BigSim » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:45 pm

Thanks for your views Jonathan. I'm sure I'll be happy with whatever I get, I was originally gonna get Alpine Type-S's, and then I thought what the heck :)
Thanks again everyone.

by Jonathan » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:16 pm

BigSim wrote:Hi everyone!
I'm looking at the DLS UR6S to install in the stock front location (if they'll fit, I'm new to this whole car audio biz but i'm learning :) )in my '98 Pulsar hatch. I wanna buy off ebay, but I remember reading on some forum somewhere that they weren't very good, bad reproduction of vocals and distorted at moderately low volumes etc. Sinister Audio, from what I can gather you're a dealer for them, what do you think? (Any other input is welcome!) Thanks guys!!
It's a very good set. There is one thing to note about DLS, and explains some of the criticism they get. DLS is NOT a specs company. They create speakers based upon the ears and not charts and graphs. What I'm getting at is that some magazines have done tests on a lot of DLS equipment. When compared to others in the price range, to be blunt they don't test extremely well. Remember I'm talking about objective tests, not subjective tests. A lot of people are "specs people", and develop their opinion solely upon this.

So why is DLS so highly regarded, you may ask? They specialize in creating components that tackle the installation difficulties of a car and tend to tailor themselves better to the application, which is EXACTLY why they are such a successful car audio company. Cars are far from an optimal environment, due to that the installation will determine the end result far before the component quality will. This is the thing that most car audio companies miss, as most tend to base their philosophies more upon what you'd see in the more optimal world of home audio.

In short, DLS is an excellent company with excellent products. Because they focus is on real world applications and not an anechoic chamber, it puts them ahead of 90% of car audio companies out there.

by sinister audio » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:22 pm

make sure you have a good baffel behind them

by BigSim » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:03 pm

Thanks for your replies guys.
Yes to both your questions sinister audio, I'm gonna power them with an amp and they're gonna go in the door.

by sinister audio » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:18 am

BigSim wrote: but I remember reading on some forum somewhere that they weren't very good, bad reproduction of vocals and distorted at moderately low volumes etc
Any line of DLS will sound very very decent even their bottom line which sound like they should be twice the price. Some people think they lack mid bass response and some dont its pretty much just the persons taste. For the money they are a great set and should make you happy. Are you going to power them with an amp? and are you going to install them in the door in the factory location?

by Ryan from Ohio » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:59 am

DLS from what I have seen and read appears to be on the high end of the spectrum when it comes to car audio as a whole.

Their lower end may be just that, low end. But the better stuff is excellent.

DLS Components

by BigSim » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:20 am

Hi everyone!
I'm looking at the DLS UR6S to install in the stock front location (if they'll fit, I'm new to this whole car audio biz but i'm learning :) )in my '98 Pulsar hatch. I wanna buy off ebay, but I remember reading on some forum somewhere that they weren't very good, bad reproduction of vocals and distorted at moderately low volumes etc. Sinister Audio, from what I can gather you're a dealer for them, what do you think? (Any other input is welcome!) Thanks guys!!

Top