by evangelos K » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:47 pm
The new 2006 line is not even worth it to look at. I mean, I think Alpine has lost it. They have NO HU with active x-overs and TA below $1600. Then, for $650 you get the 2nd in line model w/ absolutelly no features (to go active) and T/A, and w/ 2V outs.. When up to last year, less than $600 will get you a HU w/ enough prossesing power, useful features (like T/A) and 4v outs.
Oh, yeah, I guess they added DVD playback to make up for the 300% increase in price and half the features.
Look for 2005 and before Alpine HUs.
The new 2006 line is not even worth it to look at. I mean, I think Alpine has lost it. They have NO HU with active x-overs and TA below $1600. Then, for $650 you get the 2nd in line model w/ absolutelly no features (to go active) and T/A, and w/ 2V outs.. When up to last year, less than $600 will get you a HU w/ enough prossesing power, useful features (like T/A) and 4v outs.
Oh, yeah, I guess they added DVD playback to make up for the 300% increase in price and half the features.
Look for 2005 and before Alpine HUs.