Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Bluerprints

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Bluerprints

by Vindicate » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:42 pm

Edited: I just made a new post with my question.

by ridr4lif » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:58 am

How much room do you have in the back of your truck? You may have to modify the dimensions slightly to make it fit. But i would do what smoker said. Basically double the box right now, but just divide it in the middle so that each subs have separate airspace and ports.

by 97Expoman » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:09 am

Here is a link of the single box I am trying to build for 2 subs. The one I want is on page 27. http://www.kicker.com/05/tech-support/m ... alV2_1.pdf

by smoker » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:52 am

either that or build it as one piece and divide it in the middle

by 97Expoman » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:48 am

So are you saying make the one box and use one of the ends as the divider and then build on to that side?? Sorry I don't mean to sound stupid but this is exactly what I am confused with.

by smoker » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:04 am

basically for ported you want to make two seperate enclosures ideally......even if it is one unit you should divide the enclosure

by Darthness » Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:00 am

you already have the blue prints.. just what they say. if you port it, make 2 ports.

by 97Expoman » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:54 pm

Is there a differnce in sound using slot vented or round tubes for ports? I can make the box if I have blueprints. I will try to contact Justin from Detroit to see what we can come up with.

by High Society » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:43 pm

And it should only cost about $30 to build the box yourself too.

by ridr4lif » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:36 pm

Hmm, i think for 20 bux Justin from Detroit offers blueprints.
An easy way to figure it out is just double the airspace and use 2 ports.
Vented and slot ported are the same thing.

edit:http://www.darkscience.com.au/caraudiohowto/slotcalc/
that is a port calculator. Enter in the airspace needed, height and width of port and play around with the length until you get the right frequency. Good luck!

Top