Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Hello

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Hello

by Chris from Washington » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:35 pm

Welcome to both of you! Glad you found us!

Chris.

by naksteve » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:28 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome, as well. There are other car stereovideo forums (e.g., The car sound & performance forums) where you are reviewed to see if you can meet their specifications. Sounds like a snooty fraternity.

Here, it seems like there are a a lot of cool people to compare ideas, suggest things that have worked, things that haven't.

by doblebo » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:19 pm

Looks like my last stop in my search for car audio forum.
Thanks for the warm welcome!!

by OnYrMrk » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:18 pm

It doesn't matter...fact is, he is a serious sq dude! I can just tell he and I will have lots to talk about. Welcome Steve, I hope our forum can enlighten you as I am sure your insight will enlighten us.

by Bwcad1 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:53 pm

sounds like you know what your doin! you should have made your own thread though!

by naksteve » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:49 pm

Hey, I'm steve, and as soon as I got my license and first car (a hearse) I had to have the best mobile audio available at that time since I spent all my time in my car. Well, that was back in 1980, when switching, oscillating power supplies enabled designers to make 100 RMS= amps from 12V.

So my first system was an ADS Power Plate 100 amp, ADS 300i speakers, and a nakamichi 350 portable taped deck used for high-quality field recordings (i.e, bootlegs!!)

My latest system, after being ripped off in my classic '63 Riviera, is a

Nakamichi CD 700II
Audio alchemy DTI pro32 24bit interpolator/jitter-reducer
a/d/s 642ix/AC-502 constant bass, inverted band-pass processor
Nak EC-304 X-over
All Monster cable Refernce 2 interconnect
JL Audio 500/1 sub amp
(2) Soundstream reference SS-10R subs in an aperiodic/ quasi-infinite-baffle enclosure
(2) a/d/s 300is front speakers
Monster Powerline 2+ sub speaker wire (old school!)
Audio quest CV-4 fullrange speaker wire (Mega bucks!!)
Monster power wire
Gallons of medical-grade silicone and mass dampening materials to seal and minimize unwanted resonances (I'm a medical device engineer so I had access to unwanted silicone adhesives)

Optima yellowtop battery
Ungo box Total security

See? very simple 6 speaker in the right locations with the right staggered crossover points/slpoes/phases negate the need for sonically degrading EQ.

I have incredible imaging up front with vertical height, width and depth. The a/d/s/642ix constant bass processor helps to add the perception of bass coming from front and center (with its unique inverted band-pass for the front speakers)

by OnYrMrk » Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:59 am

well yea...I was never an "installer". I hold that position in high regard. I co-owned/managed a store here in the OKC area back in the 90's. So my 2.0 average is right on. I have installed speakers and amps before, but an installer IMHO, is much much more.

by Bwcad1 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:44 am

lol thanks for the ego boost... its gonna be hard to fit my big head throught the door now! im not quite a shop owner (yet) but i do have an install and accesory sales buisness. so i gues i got 2.5 down!

by OnYrMrk » Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:42 am

well I managed two of the three, but I think you will qualify for all three. You go boy!!!



(applause can be heard worldwide...)

by Bwcad1 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:38 am

which one of those am i??? or am i just a mix of them all jack of all trades master of none thats what i refert to myself as~!

Top