Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

New HU

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: New HU

by GlassWolf » Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:29 pm

Pioneer Premier.. visually nice, great feaures, mp3/wma, XM or Sirius ready with the right models.. iPod adaptable with some too, and well priced.

by JeremyC » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:17 pm

Airforceyooper wrote: I'll be buying the CD-8455 unless the come out with a new deck before I get around to it.
The 8445 and 8455 just came out in may, so I wouldn't expect them to come out with anything else any time soon.

by racerraul » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:03 pm

kevinberry1 wrote: One problem is that my Arc 1000.2t only accepts up to 2.5v, so many of the 4v and 5v preout head units won't work.
The voltage outputs of HU is not constant at all volume levels. Some HU don't make the full voltage until the volume is maxed or near maxed and that is tested with a constant sine wave...

Music is much more dynamic & if you take time to test the voltage outputs of your HU's with music... you will be surprised to hardly ever see 2v... let alone 4v or higher...

So it will work...

by Robert Wollenberg » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:40 am

I'll be the first to admit I'm a little behind the times, but when I'm shopping for a deck, I try to find one that has at least one 24 bit dac rather than a 1 bit. Plus the other things you mentioned, MP3, high voltage preouts, etc. Pioneer has the DEX-P9, Eclipse has CD-8445 and CD-8455. I'll be buying the CD-8455 unless the come out with a new deck before I get around to it. Nakamichi CD700II also. Those would be my top choices.

by kevinberry1 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:30 am

That would be great if you could keep looking, and I do appreciate it :thumbsup

I'm in no hurry because my deck works okay, so I can be patient. I am just ready for an upgrade.

How does this one look? I know it's ebay so please don't hate me....

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-PANASONIC ... otohosting

by Bwcad1 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:24 am

Agreed^ Do You Want Me To Keep Looking Kevin?

by ridr4lif » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:16 am

I would look into Pioneer or Alpine. Both make awesome decks.

tedd

by kevinberry1 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:00 am

The owner's manual, what's that? :) I'll give it a look when I get home.
I used their website to check the specs and it said up to 2.5v, but I believe you since you were the previous owner.

I guess that changes my search for a HU. Suggestions for a decent player?

by Justin from Detroit1 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:50 am

Your ARC amp can accept 4v and 5v no problem. Read the owners manual, it fully explains why it can handle them without a problem.

New HU

by kevinberry1 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:46 am

I've started to look into upgrading my deck from the Kenwood KDC-v7017 I purchased 3 years ago. I would like something that has mp3 capability, has good visual appeal, and is XM ready.

One problem is that my Arc 1000.2t only accepts up to 2.5v, so many of the 4v and 5v preout head units won't work. Does anyone have any suggestions for head units that have these options? Thanks.

Top