Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

I hate people

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: I hate people

by GlassWolf » Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:38 pm

actually I looked again.
the siren was about $34 and the electronic hod bolt was $65
http://www.autotoys.com has both along with a ton of other add-on sensors and triggers.

my thing right now is hunting for the alarm info for the OEM alarm on a Jeep so I can add window roll up and sunroof closing, and impact sensing to the factory alarm.
It seemed like a neat idea, but I need to find some of the trigger lines, and isolate them with diodes to make it all work.

by Ryan from Ohio » Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:38 am

Not a bad price at all on the alarm...

by GlassWolf » Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:31 pm

$245 for the alarm
$70 for the bypass
$30 for the glass break mic
$50 for the 4 window module
microwave sensor was a freebie
the battery backed siren and hood bolt together were about $200

I got the alarm from a compustar dealer, and got the sensors from another supplier

by Ryan from Ohio » Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:09 am

How much was that alarm? Where did you get it?

I may just get one. The one I have is older but still good. It doesnt have the glass sensor, hood bolt or window module. However I can add this stuff to it...

by GlassWolf » Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:14 am

yeah the compustar 2WSS-AS alarm/remote start with microwave, dual level impact, glass breakage, 4 window roll-up module, imobilizer bypass, battery backup siren, and electronic hood bolt. It uses spread spectrum for transceiving. Range is insane.
It's a very nice two-way alarm system.

I only dislike using it in the Jeep because then I lose the dual driver power seat memory feature that auto-adjusts the driver seat position based on which remote is used to disarm the factory alarm.. haha Man I love luxury cars lol

PS, regarding the CD theft, I suggest never keeping original CDs in your car for numerous reasons including heat damage and warping as well as theft. Use CD-R copies (Nero 6 "copy CD" feature) for the car, or even MP3 CD-RW media instead.
Then if they get stolen, all the losers get are twenty-cent WORM media.

Stealth installs are the best though, as noted, for avoiding smash and grab amateurs.
That, and responsible use of the system, not attracting attention or advertising what you have in the car.
Yeah I know.. I sound like a parent. I ruin all the fun of a loud system.

by Ryan from Ohio » Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:10 am

Thats the newest style alarm, right?

I may get one for my car...

by GlassWolf » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:21 pm

and people can't understand why I just spent $500 on an alarm system for my car.. and that's not counting my labor to install it :)

by Ryan from Ohio » Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:02 am

Use the security screws also. Bolt the box down.

The theif at this point will either leave or destroy your equipment/car trying to get it.

Unless this is a half smart thief with ample time. Come out, hop in your car. Look in dash and see a factory deck? Turn it on, no more boom. Take doors apart theres factory speakers?

:surprised

by 6three6mafia6 » Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:14 pm

If you happen to find out who stole your stuff, burn their car down and spray paint "I'm a thief and I'm gay" on their house as big as you can.


:jesterlol ah man im dying here, i can just imagine the look in the thiefs face when he wakes up in the morning, hey audiobass putting some heavy stuff is actually not a bad idea , theres no way someone would be able to take that stuff, i have a REAL hard time taking my xxx out of my trunk i can imagine if i had like to 10 xxx's or 12, it would be imposible .

by Ryan from Ohio » Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:10 am

Seriously look into Pawn Shops.

EBay is so vast you wouldnt ever be able to accuse anyone off there unless they are not to bright and put a city, and the city being really small.

An alarm is a must these days. Especially a good one with a Pager.

Top