by audiofreak12 » Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:08 pm
I just baught a set of M class 6.5" components, havent got them yet but of alot of exsperiance with them. I love the clarity of them and if you place your tweeters properly the imaging is awesome. There M class subs are very impressive IMO to. I did an install for a guy thats on our stereo team with 1 M-class 12 with a M class 500D that does 500wrms Monoblock. He took it to a competition and did a 144 with it in the back seat of an explorer sport-trac in a ported box tuned at 36hz with 1.2 CF of airspace. Another instance is a guy that just graduated from my school had 4 Mclass 12's with 2 M class 1000D amps run to them. He was doing a 156 with his. The subs are still going and are used in 3 different daily driver vehicles and there almost 3 years old.
I personally think there M class stuff is very Impressive. There power refference stuff on the other hand is not as nice. I don't like the s/q of the refference line at all, there highs arent clear IMO and there amps are weak. There refference amps are a few steps lower than the M class. The refference amp runs hotter at 2 ohms than the M Class and is not 1 ohm stable, the M class is.
Maybe that will help some. The 6.5 components retail at 140 for the mid range, crossover and tweeter and there are coax's that are around 120. There refference line is much cheaper, i think one of there reffernce 10's is like $110 and a M class 12 is $265, i Think, not sure though.
I just baught a set of M class 6.5" components, havent got them yet but of alot of exsperiance with them. I love the clarity of them and if you place your tweeters properly the imaging is awesome. There M class subs are very impressive IMO to. I did an install for a guy thats on our stereo team with 1 M-class 12 with a M class 500D that does 500wrms Monoblock. He took it to a competition and did a 144 with it in the back seat of an explorer sport-trac in a ported box tuned at 36hz with 1.2 CF of airspace. Another instance is a guy that just graduated from my school had 4 Mclass 12's with 2 M class 1000D amps run to them. He was doing a 156 with his. The subs are still going and are used in 3 different daily driver vehicles and there almost 3 years old.
I personally think there M class stuff is very Impressive. There power refference stuff on the other hand is not as nice. I don't like the s/q of the refference line at all, there highs arent clear IMO and there amps are weak. There refference amps are a few steps lower than the M class. The refference amp runs hotter at 2 ohms than the M Class and is not 1 ohm stable, the M class is.
Maybe that will help some. The 6.5 components retail at 140 for the mid range, crossover and tweeter and there are coax's that are around 120. There refference line is much cheaper, i think one of there reffernce 10's is like $110 and a M class 12 is $265, i Think, not sure though.