by loudandheard » Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:17 pm
I recently purchased an MB QUART RAA4200 which is a 100 watts X 4 channels. I was using the amp to power my MB QUART components by biamping the crossover. This is the only amp in the car right now, so I have the power wire and the ground wire coming off the cap. The cap is grounded to the chasis in the trunk and the power wire is connected directly to the battery. My friend suggested that I ground the amp to the chassis and not the cap it self. I have powered multiple amps off the cap before in that manner and never had a problem before.
The amp plays only the left side speakers at the minimum gain. I can turn the deck completely up and no clipping and no protection mode only with the left side speakers. When I turn the gain up with just the right side speakers it goes into protection mode. Now when I connect the right side speakers to the amp it clips in and out of protection mode with and with out the right side connected. I used two, one female connection with two male ends to connect the front channels to the 4 channel amps. So for the first two channels I have the midbases connected and the last two channels connected to the tweeters. So it's weird that only the right side works and not the left. I will need to check everything more thorough, but it got dark.
I need to check the battery connection one more time, but what do you think the problem can be? I'm worried it could be the amp it self, but it's brand new.
I recently purchased an MB QUART RAA4200 which is a 100 watts X 4 channels. I was using the amp to power my MB QUART components by biamping the crossover. This is the only amp in the car right now, so I have the power wire and the ground wire coming off the cap. The cap is grounded to the chasis in the trunk and the power wire is connected directly to the battery. My friend suggested that I ground the amp to the chassis and not the cap it self. I have powered multiple amps off the cap before in that manner and never had a problem before.
The amp plays only the left side speakers at the minimum gain. I can turn the deck completely up and no clipping and no protection mode only with the left side speakers. When I turn the gain up with just the right side speakers it goes into protection mode. Now when I connect the right side speakers to the amp it clips in and out of protection mode with and with out the right side connected. I used two, one female connection with two male ends to connect the front channels to the 4 channel amps. So for the first two channels I have the midbases connected and the last two channels connected to the tweeters. So it's weird that only the right side works and not the left. I will need to check everything more thorough, but it got dark.
I need to check the battery connection one more time, but what do you think the problem can be? I'm worried it could be the amp it self, but it's brand new.