Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

6 CD Changer

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: 6 CD Changer

Re: 6 CD Changer

by Rivergator » Fri Jul 10, 2026 4:14 pm

I installed the new CD player in my radio and loaded it up with CDs and I made a bet with myself (based on the fact that Murphy always wins) that it wouldn't fix the problem and I am hell bent out of shape to tell you that it did. The sound is incredible and no cutting out. It works flawlessly. I can't believe it, but I got this problem fixed, finally! I hope this now will last for as long as I have my beloved Tahoe.

Re: 6 CD Changer

by Rivergator » Sat Jun 20, 2026 8:44 am

This is what the CD player looks like. Thank you Chris. As you can see, you fixed the attachment problem
2004 Tahoe CD Player.JPG
2004 Tahoe CD Player.JPG (113.62 KiB) Viewed 210 times

Re: 6 CD Changer

by Rivergator » Fri Jun 19, 2026 8:22 am

Here is what I found out in the meantime. The CD player is made by Panasonic. The player is used by a lot of car manufacturers but is still very much brand specific. Just because it looks the same doesn't mean it is going to fit your application. The version needed for my 2004 Tahoe using the GM 10359577 radio is E9291-1 and/or E9060A-2. I found a new one on ebay for less than 70 bucks. I think my problem is solved. But I still can't upload any pictures???? That option is missing.

Re: 6 CD Changer

by Chris from Washington » Wed Jun 17, 2026 9:17 am

Rivergator wrote: ↑Wed Jun 17, 2026 6:05 am Thank you Chris. This is exactly my radio and it works just fine. It's the Cd player that I want to have fixed or replaced, because I love to play my CDs. The Kenwood looks great and I will keep your suggestion in mind when my GM radio goes bad. I still haven't figured out how to upload any pictures on this forum. Can anybody help me with that?
Just saw this one, $50.00
Doubt you could get yours repaired for less than that.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/406944645602?c ... =view_item

Re: 6 CD Changer

by Rivergator » Wed Jun 17, 2026 6:05 am

Thank you Chris. This is exactly my radio and it works just fine. It's the Cd player that I want to have fixed or replaced, because I love to play my CDs. The Kenwood looks great and I will keep your suggestion in mind when my GM radio goes bad. I still haven't figured out how to upload any pictures on this forum. Can anybody help me with that?

Re: 6 CD Changer

by Chris from Washington » Tue Jun 16, 2026 3:26 pm

I found this on Ebay

Is that it?
Kinda pricey for an OEM radio. Have you thought about getting an aftermarket? There should be adapters to fit right into your factory wiring harness so no cutting. I believe those were double din in size, so more options out there.

For about the same price or a little more, you could have a nice touch screen.
Here is a Kenwood DMX4710S
Metra install kit
And if you have onstar, and steering wheel controls. this keeps all that working
PAC RP5-GM11 Wiring Interface

Before buying anything, I would check with Crutch field for your exact setup.

6 CD Changer

by Rivergator » Tue Jun 16, 2026 1:17 pm

I removed the internal 6 CD changer from my GM 10359577 radio from my 2004 Tahoe because it is not working. I am trying to find a new one somewhere, but I don't know who makes this CD player and what the model number is. Does anybody know? I am new to this forum. How do I upload a picture of the unit in question?

Top