Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Knife collectors... Q on switch blades?

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Knife collectors... Q on switch blades?

by GlassWolf » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:40 am

I've always stuck with blades that are higher quality, made from materials like high carbon, O1, or D2 tool steel. They hold an amazingly sharp edge, and the latter two materials are strong as can be if you don't want the blade to snap in half. I look for things like a full tang as well, and not a wire tang. I'd rather spend more for a solid knife that'll hold up during use than for something flashy the less useful. Hibben makes very flashy looking downright wicked knives, but they're extremely well made, so it's a good combination of both worlds. SOG makes combat knives that'll withstand pretty much any abuse and their original SOG design is a replica of a knife I own that was issued to the MAC-SOG green berets in Viet Nam. Very slick products from that company as well, but you're looking at spending at least two C notes for any of these knives. On the bright side, they'll last for generations.

by Darthness » Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:46 pm

I got a new one today. its kinda cool. It made me broke though (only kept $20 from my check lolol)

by GlassWolf » Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:36 pm

I like Hibben knives better personally, and SOG blades.

by dmeyer07 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:51 am

butterflys are pretty kool too.

They happen to be one of my favorite types of knife :)

by Darthness » Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:35 am

thanks for reminding me, todays payday and im going to buy a few new knives.

just butterflys but whatevr.

by taylor17 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:23 am

:bigwink: lol Yup I know... I googled it and found a few places... but I don't know if I should trust them. some are some Italian Stalettos or something like that for $40 plus... I'm wanting something pretty nice... nothing $200 nice though. lol
This will be just another knife that hopefully most people won't have, and will go in my collection.

by Ryan from Ohio » Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:11 am

Dunno...

I managed to pick one up at a "Trade Center", basicly an indoor flea market.

Paid $8 for it, nice fresh super sharp blade...

Its an older switch not a made in China/Pakistan POS!

Good strong spring...

Careful, automatic knifes are illegal in some states...

Knife collectors... Q on switch blades?

by taylor17 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:39 am

Just wondering if anyone knows a good website to order good real switch blades? I collect lots of different knives... and my collection just isn't a collection with out a real switchblade. Thanks...

Top