Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Re's New Toy!!!!!!!!!!!

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Re's New Toy!!!!!!!!!!!

by Warbleed » Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:30 pm

The RE XXX is far from an "SPL sub". It has flat BL, Cms, and a reasonably low Le, so it has low distortion in general. With about 32mm of linear travel, it's certainly not lacking in linear displacement either.

I'd definitely blame the installation before I'd blame the woofer. Remember, you can't really make many conclusions about the SUBWOOFER until you've eliminated any other variables.

There are very few subwoofers in production which have cleaner output than the XXX, the W7 being the only one that's actually in production. TC Sounds' LMT driver kills them both, and is completely on par with RE's unreleased monster, but both of those woofers aren't in normal production, so they don't really count.

I'd definitely blame the Indian, before I blamed the Canoe...

by lotas » Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:34 pm

man the week after i buy my xxx ;)

by Livinloud » Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:08 pm

Kicker KX 1200.1
Digital Designs 9512e

by 6three6mafia6 » Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:39 pm

hey livin loud, like justin said ,it could be many things , maybe the guy is running a hifonics amp and has the boost all the way up , or maybe not, but it dosent matter its just an opinion coimng from you just like justins opinion, but yeah lets all go back to admire this amazing beuty.hey by the way livnig loud what type of stuff are you runing just out of curiosity?

by Livinloud » Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:48 am

Ryan from Ohio wrote:to each their own!



True that!

How did I know this was coming?

by Ryan from Ohio » Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:34 am

to each their own!
I had a pair of 10" XXX's and they were the best subs I have heard in a long time


True that!

by Justin from Detroit1 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:39 pm

I wasn't trying to prove you wrong just bringing into the light the fact that TEHRE ARE MANY FACTORS IN A GOOD SOUNDING SYSTEM AND PERHAPS ONE WAS MISSING AND THAT IS WHAT IT SOUNDED UNSATISFACTORY TO YOU.

by Livinloud » Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:27 pm

If you weren't trying to prove me wrong then why did you list 5 other things that could have been wrong with it besides the sub not being as great as certain people make it.

You never came out and called me a dumbass,but thats pretty much what I think you were trying to say.

Im just gonna stop with that.....No need to bring stupidity to this forum......

by Justin from Detroit1 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:16 pm

Where did I say you were wrong? I was saying that even the best subwoofer can sound like shit if not put in perfect conditions. I never called you a dumbass, never made any comment or anything coming remotely close to putting you down. I'm not here defending a company or anything becasue honestly I could give a shit if RE sells any subwoofers. I obviously didn't think they were too amazing if I sold them for some Rainbow's, huh? Don't get all pissy over stupid shit.

by Livinloud » Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:55 pm

Yeah I know I'm not a dumbass.

All of his wires/whatever the hell were legit.

I swear you can not post a damn message stating your opinion without somebody telling you your wrong.

Just because you had those subs and you think they were great doesn't mean everyone else should think that....

His box was built to RE's specs. Like I said it sounded good, but (so this is my opinion) with all the hype behind the XXX's I would think it would sound a lot better than it did. (again my opinion...doesnt mean I'm wrong)

Top