Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Wiring Help

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Wiring Help

Re: Wiring Help

by Spydrc » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:59 pm

Ok will give it a try today and let you know how I get on with it.

Re: Wiring Help

by Chris from Washington » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:36 am

Spydrc wrote:Yes it is but with that there is four channels to go into two at the equalizer. So if I use a 'y' connector to create to channels will I be able to still get my four channels in the end and still controlled by the HU
just looked at that EQ more closely, I thought it had 4 inputs. but it only has 2.

So you will take 2 channels from you head unit and hook them to the main input. then the EQ does all you fading etc.
Soundstream BX-4EQ Owner's Manual (Page 5 of 7)

Re: Wiring Help

by Spydrc » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:13 am

Yes it is but with that there is four channels to go into two at the equalizer. So if I use a 'y' connector to create to channels will I be able to still get my four channels in the end and still controlled by the HU

Re: Wiring Help

by Chris from Washington » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:48 am

OK,
Since you have the factory head unit, and a 4 channel amp.
I think what you want is one of these.

This will convert your hi level speaker wires into 4 channel RCAs. then those would plug into your EQ. Then from there, you go from the output of the EQ to the inputs of the amp.

I think that's what you're trying to accomplish correct?

Wiring Help

by Spydrc » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:52 am

It's a Citroen C4 Grand Picasso (2014)
I am installing a Soundstream BX-4EQ equalizer with a Vibe SlickS4-V2 4 channel amp.

I want to be able to have full control of all speakers through the head unit so wondering if that would be possible if I were to use a y connector to link front (l+r) and rear (l+r) channels to make two channels to go into the equalizer. If so would it then split correctly when it goes out to the amplifier?

Re: Wiring Help

by Chris from Washington » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:13 am

Hi Welcome to the forum, could you explain this a little more.

What type of car, and what model equipment are you trying to install?

hopefully we'll be able to answer your question with that info

Wiring Help

by Spydrc » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:54 am

Hi all, I'm trying to add an equaliser and amp to my factory head unit but the parking sensors use the speakers to indicate the location of an object. If I use a y connector to get all 4 channels to 2 for the equaliser, when it splits will I still have control of all channels from the HU?

Top