by Chris from Washington » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:57 am
Hi,
Welcome to the forum.
I think the equipment you're looking at, is fine for a basic system.
As for your other questions.
2. No, you don't need to hook up the speaker wires from the deck. You'll need to run speaker wire from the amp to your speakers though.
3. I would personally go with 4 gauge if you ever plan on adding another amp later on, that way you don't have to re-run you're power wire. But at a minimum you could use 10 gauge.
4. Be sure to keep your amp ground wire as short as possible, and use the same gauge as the power wire. You should be able to buy an amp kit at BB that will have everything you need.
Hi,
Welcome to the forum.
I think the equipment you're looking at, is fine for a basic system.
As for your other questions.
2. No, you don't need to hook up the speaker wires from the deck. You'll need to run speaker wire from the amp to your speakers though.
3. I would personally go with 4 gauge if you ever plan on adding another amp later on, that way you don't have to re-run you're power wire. But at a minimum you could use 10 gauge.
4. Be sure to keep your amp ground wire as short as possible, and use the same gauge as the power wire. You should be able to buy an amp kit at BB that will have everything you need.