Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Need help with amp setup

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Need help with amp setup

Re: Need help with amp setup

by ShaithMaster » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:11 pm

Chris from Washington wrote:Yes, you build your box according to the specs of the sub.
Are these the ones you have?
Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.

According to the manual for the subs, they can either go in a sealed, or ported box.

I've always preferred a sealed box myself. Just a preference, easier to build too.
Ported boxes are usually larger, but usually sound louder.

Whichever direction you go, just make sure you build it to the specs of the sub. Otherwise it might not sound all that great, or worse case damage the subs.
Ok, yeah I have one of those. Thanks a lot!

Re: Need help with amp setup

by Chris from Washington » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:49 pm

ShaithMaster wrote:Thanks, I think I'm going to wait till black friday. Btw is the kind of sub enclosure i get really important or no?
Yes, you build your box according to the specs of the sub.
Are these the ones you have?
Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.

According to the manual for the subs, they can either go in a sealed, or ported box.

I've always preferred a sealed box myself. Just a preference, easier to build too.
Ported boxes are usually larger, but usually sound louder.

Whichever direction you go, just make sure you build it to the specs of the sub. Otherwise it might not sound all that great, or worse case damage the subs.

Re: Need help with amp setup

by ShaithMaster » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:21 pm

Thanks, I think I'm going to wait till black friday. Btw is the kind of sub enclosure i get really important or no?

Re: Need help with amp setup

by Chris from Washington » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:00 am

Hi,
Welcome to the forum

I personally would go with 2 amps, but your budget is a little on the low side for that. You might be able to find something used, that will work.

For your sub amp, I personally have an MMATs and I think it's great. Small, and powerful. You'll need one that is capable of going down to 1 ohm. Trouble is finding one at a good price, might take some hunting ebay for a few weeks.

Then for your other amp, I also have a PPI amp and they are less expensive and seem to work good for mids
I found this onEbay new.

You could also look to see what you could find from them, for your sub amp.

Need help with amp setup

by ShaithMaster » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:08 pm

I just bought a 10 inch Alpine dual 2ohm type-r sub,
1000w rms 3000w peak, dual coil (2ohmsx2ohms) <---more or less what it says on the box.
I also bought 2 two way speakers with these specs:

Car Speaker Function Mid-Range Speaker, Speaker, Tweeter
Size 6.5"
Type Component Speaker System
Elements 2-Way
RMS Power 100 W
Min Frequency Response 35 Hz
Max Frequency Response 23 kHz
Impedance 4 ohm
Sensitivity 92 dB
Peak Power Handling 300 watt

I need to now get the amp situation figured out.
Should I get a separate monoblock amp for the sub or one amp for everything? My budget for the amp is $200 or under. I have a
95 Corolla.

Top