Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

did i make an ok choice

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: did i make an ok choice

by Chris from Washington » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:35 pm

Yep, things never go like you want them too.

For example, I had a fiberglass box for the Camaro. As I was restoring the car I added the power assist pull down motor. Now a couple years later I'm at the point where the car is on the road again, and I thought 'hey, I still have my old box might as well use it' Go to put it in. Doh, the pull down motor and new plastic interior piece sticks out further than the old one and the box doesn't fit now. I had to hack my box up and re-fiberglass it all.

What would have been a 5 minute drop in, took 2 weekends and trial and error to finally get it to fit.

by crozzno » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:22 pm

wow, nothing went wright. had to cut door panels to fit speakers and tweeters ( and i messed up on the cuts, gaps around speakers), one amp would not fit how i wanted under the seat. this is my first time doing this so i guess its natural for things to go wrong. i used 1/0 wire from battery with a 150 amp fuse to a splitter to two 4 gauge to amps. 4 gauge to ground. ran new 16 gauge speaker wires through doors, 12 gauge to subs.

by Chris from Washington » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:48 pm

oh you're asking about wire size?
I think that would be OK.

If you ever plan on getting more powerful amps you might want to consider just doing 1/0 now, and you'll be all set.

by crozzno » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:42 am

i was thinking 4 gauge power??

by crozzno » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:39 am

Just making sure the Watts will be enough to go together and all. what size power shouls I use?

by Bwcad1 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:41 am

all of that is solid quality equipment and it looks like you did your research! you made great decisions.

by Chris from Washington » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:16 am

Are you worried about the quality of the items you bought?
I wouldn't worry about that, you bought solid stuff so you should be happy with it.

Once you get it all installed, take some pics and upload them into the garage.

did i make an ok choice

by crozzno » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:12 pm

i just ordered a Boston Acoustics GT-2200 to power 2 Polk Audio MM840. i have my old eclipse pa5422 to power DLS X-Program X-SB62 i ordered. and a Alpine CDE-123 ??? any help would be great . i just bought a 2004 tundra. o and a q logic sub box.

Top