Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

JBL 1200 with Arc Audio subs

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: JBL 1200 with Arc Audio subs

by High Society » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:54 am

Glad you enjoy it. Good job on building your own box. That's the way to go.

by whitetrash21 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:09 pm

Built the box since I couldn't find any I liked or that fit in my truck like I wanted. 3/4 mdf, insulating foam, ~2.5^3ft...... Been in for about a month now. They sound friggin sweet. Thanks again for the advice guys.

by High Society » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:50 pm

Glad you got it figured out, thats some good stuff you got there. Make sure you get those subs in a good box and you'll have a great setup

by whitetrash21 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:10 pm

Sweet. Thanks to both of you, those drawings I can work with.

One last question... from what I know, this amp is 2 ohm stable @ 1200 watts, 4 ohm stable @ 600 watts. Is it my speaker wiring that determines the load the amp sees??? There is nothing to adjust on the amplifier that will change ohm load ..... I guess is what I'm trying to ask??

Hope I'm asking this in a way that makes sense, like I said I don't know too much about car audio. :p


edit: nevermind, I answered that question by re-reading that site. Thanks again for the help guys, much appreciated.

by loudwagon15s » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:13 pm

first of all, nice equipment, throw those puppies in a nice box and i doubt you will be disappointed. Wire them in series so you get a final load of 4 ohms like this:
Image

by JeremyC » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:02 pm

JBL 1200 with Arc Audio subs

by whitetrash21 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:48 pm

I've got a JBL 1200.1 amplifier and two Arc Audio 10" D4's. I've been trying to figure out how to wire these together to keep a 4 ohm load on the subs so I don't pop them. I am far from an audio or electronics expert and I'm still not sure if this will even work.

I was shown this site and some of it makes sense to me, but I'm still not sure how I should wire this setup together. I've got 2 gauge wire to the amp,60 amp inline fuse, 12 gauge to the box.

Any help, especially a drawing of the wiring layout would be appreciated.

thanks

Top