Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Troubleshooting Cancellation in my 09 Jetta.

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Troubleshooting Cancellation in my 09 Jetta.

by CaptainPioneer » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:25 am

Bill I am going to try to send that sub out tomorrow if I can... this week is kinda crazy... But on the up and up... I installed my HU and SQ improved a lot... A lot more mid range coming through the stock speakers now and I modded the system files on the AVIC X910-BT to have quite a few more features. its soooo pimp! Totally worth the $$ I spent. I'll post up installation pictures and some of the additional screens tomorrow.

by Bwcad1 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:11 am

Cleared

by CaptainPioneer » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:07 am

Bill Clear your inbox... I can't send to you lol

by CaptainPioneer » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:48 am

Oh yea? This may be a great opportunity for me to buy a WP Audio sub from you... You know my amp pretty well... I would think a sub that can operate on about 1,100 watts comfortably and sound great is where Im looking to go towards... If I give you the Sound Stream, will you be able to make a SQL or SQ woofer or should I go with a single 12"? I figured you would know best on this, also you could maybe PM me with some prices/ options? Thanks,

Jason

by Bwcad1 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:50 am

Send the sub to me and ill build ya a monster! lol.

by CaptainPioneer » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:44 am

its an older model that I purchased off of Scarrell (I think) about 3-4 years ago... Its just sitting in my basement in its product box waiting to be used. If it works it works... If not I am going to try and find a better solution to the problem...

by colemanyoungerinalaska » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:52 pm

which soundstream 10 ?

by CaptainPioneer » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:28 am

Well a little update... I blew one of the subs and the other is on its way out lol... Decided to do a little test just to see how loud I could get em... Clearly it was just too much... Oh well... So I'm going to explore building a new enclosure possibly vented with a single 12" or a 10"... I am also going to test my old defunct soundstream 10" that has a misaligned VC and see if it sounds good in another enclosure I built for it... So yep thats the update... and probably still going to get that HU.

by CaptainPioneer » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:43 am

So the real solution is a HU and if I deem necessary a new box design... I have turned the gain down on the amp significantly and has improved the overall bass experience quite a bit...

I'm looking into the Pioneer AVIC X910BT... looks like everything I would want in a HU...

by Bwcad1 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:03 am

CaptainPioneer wrote:Well I took into consideration everything that was recommended and success i have substantial bass now... here's what I did.

I first moved the subs all the way to the back of the trunk where the lid opens.
then, fired them up Tuned the amp a bit and voila! Its sounds much better.

Still low end is suffering anything below I would say 100hz... (Estimation please don't castrate me over that)

So I think like bill said the problem lies in the source... I doubt the LOC is actually restricting frequencies, and I did tap into the bass speaker in the rear which is the only one that would give me the full range of frequencies. I believe that either the amps for the car or the HU may have a built in lowpass filter not allowing signals to be transmitted below a certain hz...

If this is the case I may end up purchasing a Pioneer AVIC D1 or D2...

Jason
A LOC is not a crossover or eq and wouldn't modify the signal. My guess is the factory audio is limited after 100hz to protect that shit factory speakers. My Buick would do that once you reached a certain volume it would start attenuating bass to limit excursion on the speakers. the small box size is also probably limiting you a bit but with the power your using i wouldn't go any bigger.

Top