Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Rims

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Rims

by sinister audio » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:19 pm

chrome in the winter with salt on the roads, no thank you. Ill take polished aluminum and be lazy haha

by Bwcad1 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:31 pm

Image

by Bwcad1 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:29 am

Im running hawk ceramic's it doesn't get much better than that. Chrome is just a pain! lol

by MobileAudio219 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:09 am

When you run nice rims you want to run more expensive brakes, which will usually keep the brake dust down.

by NorthQuad » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:03 am

Nice wheels.

I've been thinking about these for the Exploder.

Image

by Bwcad1 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:43 am

Yea waxing them helps but its also a pain especially with all those faux bolts. Your a less lazy man than i lol

by JeremyC » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:42 am

I had chrome on my S10, and didn't mind them. Every month or so, I put a good coat of wax on them, and it helped keep everything from sticking. I know they are extra work, but hell so are the factory rims that are on it now.

As for the intricate parts, I really didn't want something that busy. But after a few months of looking, those are the coolest looking rims I could find. Or I should say, closest to the style I've been looking for.

Either way, thanks for the warning.

by Bwcad1 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:25 am

I have chrome now. They are a mad bitch to clean and keep that way. Especially with all the intricate parts. I think if i were to get something new i would probably go with something much easier to clean lol and less chromy.

Rims

by JeremyC » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:13 am

Well my car needed new tires, so I HAD to get new rims too. :D


http://www.avaruswheels.com/av5/av5-a.html

Going with chrome, and some Bridgestone 225, 45, R18s

Top