Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Noobie Question (what amp)

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Noobie Question (what amp)

by cmwilson » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:26 am

Kicker 750.1
Crunch GPV 1000.1
Rd Audio 850.1
Arc Audio 600.1
Phoenix Gold 600.1
Soundstream 700

I would recommend any of these. I would always go with an amp higher than 600 watts b/c I'm sure your subs can handle more than 600 even though they are rated at 300 a piece they prolly can easily handle 350-400.

by High Society » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:35 pm

by haynes » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:07 pm

There are 2 sets of terminals so im guessing dual lol.

by High Society » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:05 pm

On the sub is there one set of terminals or two? Cuz for wiring options you'll want to find an amp that will power those at what ever ohm load you're gonna run. I'd recommend the JL/500.1 I believe that amp puts out 500 watts of power accross 1-4 ohms. So it would work great for the 187's you have. I think there're single VC so you'd want to run them at a 3ohm load if I'm not mistaken.

by haynes » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:00 pm

im not to sure on that one :confused :

by High Society » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:49 pm

Dual or single?

by haynes » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:44 pm

Hey, thanks. There 6 ohms, Ill add the link to there site still new to car audio
http://www.incriminatoraudio.com/update ... &product=1

by High Society » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:41 pm

600 rms amp :) Check out KickerKX600.1-I think they still make em. If you're gonna run sealed, I recommend the JBLbp600.1. You could be able to snag those for cheap. What are the ohms on your subs?

Noobie Question (what amp)

by haynes » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:32 pm

Hello and thanks in advance.
I recently picked up 2 incriminator 187 series 15's. The specs say 300 Wrms / 600 peak. I would prefer to run just one amp. What would be a good size amp to run?
Thanks, Tim

Top