Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Head unit repair

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Head unit repair

by Ryan from Ohio » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:40 pm

Ok I cant remember correctly. Its the older computer power supplies. YOu can just use the 11V rail without any issues. Doubt you can get them anymore.

I would just use the car battery.

by falkenbd » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:33 pm

anyone?

by Bwcad1 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:51 am

Ryan from Ohio wrote:Computer ATX power supply. Steady clean 12V.
I take ityou already got the cable?
Theres a few 8445's onca.com for around $150.
If you dont jump across a certain set of wires you will fry the PSU ask joey c about that lol ;)

by falkenbd » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:48 am

I got the cable from united radio. should be here this week.

How do you use the ATX power supply?

by Ryan from Ohio » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:50 pm

Computer ATX power supply. Steady clean 12V.

I take ityou already got the cable?

Theres a few 8445's onca.com for around $150.

Head unit repair

by falkenbd » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:48 pm

OK, I'm going to be dismantling my head unit soon. I'm replacing the ribbon cable that connects the flip down face to the main unit.

The Deck is a CD8445. Anyone have any advice?

Also, is there a cheap solution for being able to power it up in the house?

I want to make sure its in full working order before I put it back into the car.

Top