Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Tires

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Tires

by NorthQuad » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:13 pm

That's pretty damn good for 30,000 miles.

by falkenbd » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:49 pm

well mostly pretty good, at least 60-70% except the inner part is worn down a lot because the rear needs an alignment (camber adjustment)

by NorthQuad » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:52 pm

falkenbd wrote:dang this thread is so old, those tires I bought have like 25,000 or 30,000 miles on them already...
Oh yeah? How much tread left on them?

by falkenbd » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:40 am

dang this thread is so old, those tires I bought have like 25,000 or 30,000 miles on them already...

by NorthQuad » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:51 pm

sinister audio wrote:both of those I showed are really good winter tires, survived a couple of SD winters and our winters are bad really bad.
Yeah, it must get cold there too. Away from any warm coastal winds.

That's why my mud terrains were bad. Because of the cold. The compound of the tires would get as hard as frozen hockey pucks when it got colder then -30 celsius/-22 fahrenheit and performed the same as hockey pucks on ice.

And when it would get below -45 celsius/-49 fahrenheit my mud terrains would mould to the ground when parked for about an hour. So when I would start driving, I would bounce around on misshaped tires until they rounded out again. Which took about a block of driving. haha, it was embarrassing sometimes because it was so loud. boom boom boom thud...

by sinister audio » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:06 pm

both of those I showed are really good winter tires, survived a couple of SD winters and our winters are bad really bad.

by NorthQuad » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:39 pm

Nice tires, sinister.

But yeah, for winter, you don't really want meaty. I drove with mud terrains on in the winter with my F-150 and it was bad. Real bad.

Here are a couple pic's of the truck with the tires I ran during winter.

Image

Image

I've learned from that mistake. So I slapped tires on the Explorer that meet the winter tire standards.

I sure wish I could roll with some big ass M/T's like the good old days. But not in winter.

by sinister audio » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:47 pm

those arn't meaty tires here is what I have on my pick up

Image

and here is what on my yukon

Image

by NorthQuad » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:20 pm

I just basically copied and pasted the same info in those Ranger/Explorer forums.

by NorthQuad » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:32 pm

Sweet! Thanks, Mobile.

I'm a member at explorerforum and have posted the pictures there as well. Telling them about the rubbing too.

I'll hit the other forums and post the same.

Can't have enough favorite sites.

Top