by spkrman » Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:09 pm
Harrison486 wrote:
- Sell the new sub and buy a complete custom, ported box made to the exact specifications of a 12" Kicker CompVR from http://www.caraudiobox.com for about $200 shipped
- Sell the new sub and buy another Kicker CVR and throw both into a prefab ported box
- Sell the Kicker CVR and its current box and throw the new sub into a prefab ported box
Obviously, I am not going to get my hands on a super sub out of nowhere. But if I were to, what would you suggest (This will help me with my plans for the future). If it were to happen, these would basically be my only options when taking money into account...
I guess im really trying to find out if its more worth it to pay for the perfect box and a entry level sub, or a high level sub with a entry level box....
How are you selling the new sub? I'm confused here. Do you already have something other than the CVR?
The CVR is a very capable woofer... and in the proper (cough cough lol) ported box it will outperform any of the other options in a prefab box.
Perhaps its just me... but the avalanch just doesn't sound all that great. I like the atlas much more, its just that the atlas can't handle power worth a dam.
On the same note.. I don't know of a prefab ported box that the CVR will even sound mediocre in, it demands a larger box than any prefab will be.
And on that note again, the one ported CVR will outperform the 2 sealed by a nice margin... as I tested it, 4db with a nice gain in SQ... of course until the sub reaches its limits, but a 140 sounded much better with the ported box than it did with the 2 sealed 12's, which did a 139.8. That 139.8 was nasty, while the 144.5 was nasty with the ported one, but it was way the hell louder and more than you'd really want just cruisin around

[quote="Harrison486"]
[list=1]
[*]Sell the new sub and buy a complete custom, ported box made to the exact specifications of a 12" Kicker CompVR from [url]http://www.caraudiobox.com[/url] for about $200 shipped
[*]Sell the new sub and buy another Kicker CVR and throw both into a prefab ported box
[*]Sell the Kicker CVR and its current box and throw the new sub into a prefab ported box[/list]
Obviously, I am not going to get my hands on a super sub out of nowhere. But if I were to, what would you suggest (This will help me with my plans for the future). If it were to happen, these would basically be my only options when taking money into account...
I guess im really trying to find out if its more worth it to pay for the perfect box and a entry level sub, or a high level sub with a entry level box....[/quote]
How are you selling the new sub? I'm confused here. Do you already have something other than the CVR?
The CVR is a very capable woofer... and in the proper (cough cough lol) ported box it will outperform any of the other options in a prefab box.
Perhaps its just me... but the avalanch just doesn't sound all that great. I like the atlas much more, its just that the atlas can't handle power worth a dam.
On the same note.. I don't know of a prefab ported box that the CVR will even sound mediocre in, it demands a larger box than any prefab will be.
And on that note again, the one ported CVR will outperform the 2 sealed by a nice margin... as I tested it, 4db with a nice gain in SQ... of course until the sub reaches its limits, but a 140 sounded much better with the ported box than it did with the 2 sealed 12's, which did a 139.8. That 139.8 was nasty, while the 144.5 was nasty with the ported one, but it was way the hell louder and more than you'd really want just cruisin around
:cheers: